1981 KTM 495

Started by tofriedel, February 03, 2003, 10:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

I am restoring a 1981 KTM 495 & am in need of manuals, microfiche, parts list, etc., pertaining to this model.

Do any of you have any of this information or can direct me to a site that may be of assistance.

I am in contact with the KTM 495 site, with little success.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony

Dr.2Stroke

Mr.Tony Friedel! Why do you say,you didnt have any success over the 495 site? I have EVERY part for your 495!And the expression: "used part" means NOT scrap! i do deliver only real good parts,or parts beeing like new! And i have every manual,also the one for repairing the engine! or ist possible that i am too expensive? im sorry,there is nothing any more gratis on this world.I m trying to offer a service in delivering parts for the old KTMs,but i guess ,there arent lots of people appreciating that. Other opinions from the poggers?

Tom Gougeon

I've dealt with Dr, 2 Stroke in person and can assure that he's upfront. He's not cheap, but who is? He's got beaucoup parts and you can buy with confidence.

tofriedel

Apologies to Dr.2Stroke.  Yes I have contacted you regarding parts and you responded with good reasonable prices.  I have no complaint with your prices, availability, or delivery system.  I will be purchasing parts from you when I get a complete list together.

In my above request I was asking for PRINTED INFORMATION AND/OR MICROFICHE for this bike, not for parts.  I have requested this information from individuals at the 495 site and have had one response from Lee Apaka.

Seems that there was a misunderstanding about my request.  Maybe I wasen't clear enough, for that I am sorry.  In no way did I mean to sully your reputation.

Now, what PRINTED information do you have on the 1981 KTM 495?

Thank You,

Tony

Tony

Dr.2Stroke

yes,these missunderstandings...  ok,the 495 mxbike site is a little different to the old 495 site,and on the old one i got bad comments about my prices and complains,and so i was missunderstanding your topic here on POG site.  maybe people could come on the idea,that if i have so many parts,i could also have print infos about the bike! i have the manuals and also prospectus about the 495s,and im really also a fan of these kind of bikes. I say Two strokes,and nothing more than two strokes,and thats the thing,what a real KTM is made of!

dirtbike

Hi!
I have been on a one month vacation to Chile in south america and loaded with work over my head since I came back two weeks ago!

There are some manual scans and parts lists available that I will publish on the 495 site. However I'm looking for more and have some prospects. In other words, I'm working on it again :-)

//B Hahn