1980 KTM 125RV

Started by Phippster2, February 15, 2003, 12:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phippster2

For sale:1980 KTM 125RV. Bike is in very good condition and runs great.Has simons triple clamps mated to 38mm zokes(stock was 36MM) and Fox air shox. Bike handles awesome and suspension is incredible. This bike is also very quick.If you are looking for a cool, fast and excellent handling evo 125 this is it, Have spare motor to go with it and owners manuel. $1,500 plus. 631-366-1644

Mike Lenz

This model KTM 125 was one of the best 125's KTM has made. I raced one back in the day in 125 A class and it was very competive to the jap bikes. A great GP class 125. If I only didnt weigh so much more now...

Phippster2

I Have to totally agree with you on that mike. This is very much an incredible bike.  I have the original test of the 1980 from dirtbike and it actually got rave revues. They said basically the only draw back was the hi price. Back when I was riding this bike in 1990. I ran it head to head against a 1990 KX-125 with a FMF pipe and my little KTM out ran it on a fast straight. The guy who was riding the KX was pulling his hair out because he couldnt pass me. It was kind of funny cause he was a top amatuer on long island. Just the week before he finished first OA at race in the am class. I really hate to let it go, but I could use the cash.
If it doesn't sell I would actually be happy, But what ever happens happens.