For Sale- NOS Marzocchi shocks

Started by rob w, February 25, 2003, 07:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

1 pr. NOS Marzocchi shocks, 13 1/2" long, fresh out of the box, springs have never been mounted, perfect for restoration of 76 and 77 Pentons. With NOS black springs.
$300 includes shipping.
Thank you,
Bob

PAT

DKWRACER

Rob, would they be -2 or -4 dampening, also all mine as stock came with purple springs....Tom...

Thomas Brosius

rob w

Tom,
I'm glad you brought that up, I would imagine they'd need different dampening rates to compensate for the different spring rates, please tell me how I can identify what I have. What does -2 and -4 mean?
In all my years, I have never ridden with Marzocchi shocks or forks. I was also hoping someone could tell me what black springs meant, I knew sometimes you could identify the spring rates by colors, usually just painted on marks, I thought in the case with these it could be the over-all color of the  spring. My other "zokes", on the MC5, are purple as well. There was a number on whats left of the box, I don't have that here now, maybe that can help.
Thanks alot,
Bob

Rocket

Rob
The number 2 or 4 should be on a sticker on the resevoir.  The 2 is lighter dampning than the 4.  I'm not sure on the spring rates, but I'm thinking the purple springs were on the #4's and black springs were on the #2's.  Maybe somebody like Mike Lenz will know for sure.
Rocket

rob w

Okay...the NOS Marzocchi's are stickered 3's. Same goes for my 76 125 MC5, they are 3's also. Now I need to look into the black springs thing.
Thanks Rod.

Pat, In the next few days I'll be taking another small step into the twenty-first century. I'll be getting a camera, be patient, it may take a week for me to fiqure it out.
Thanks,
Bob

metalkfab

Rob,It's nice to see someone who has a knack for finding stuff.What is the shaft diameter of those 'Zok's? I checked all my old manuals and parts books and haven't found anyhing for those springs.Maybe a check of a old Hi-Point Cat.would yield some info.

Kip Kern

Get with Barry Higgin's, maybe he can help!

chris p.

if i am not mistaken the spring colors are somewhat rated to the riders weight, i could be wrong but i think black is for light, green for medium and i think purple for heavy rider