sachs engine

Started by nitro f/a, March 20, 2003, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro f/a

I'm trying to make 1 good 100cc sachs motor out of 2. both have bad cranks,1 has a good rod, i can't get the darn sprocket off!!! is it pressed on?? threaded?? HELP.it is a
1001 6B type. where can i get gaskets and seals? anyone have a motor to sell? crank?
thanks for any help.

darrell
darrell

john durrill

darell,
 Stop,
 don't do anything till you get a repair manual. You are about to do some very expensive damage to the engine. Send  Doug Wilford an e-mail and get him to answer your questions. he is the best Sachs engine rebuilder for the group .
 please be patient and careful.
 you need some special tools to get the sprocket off.
 You can get parts for the bike from the folks listed on the home page here on POG. look for the shortcut labeled parts.
 John D.

Edited by - john durrill on 03/20/2003  7:59:22 PM

Steve Minor

Darrell....I agree with John....."step away from the motor and no one will get hurt".

Sit down....take a breath.....get a manual and talk to Doug Wilford....

Edited by - steve minor on 03/20/2003  9:11:12 PM
Steve Minor

nitro f/a

thanks guys!! I will take your advice. what a great site!!

darrell
darrell

Doug Wilford

Darrell;
Right hand side of Sachs engines, Left hand nuts.  Leave the c/s nut on about half way loose. ( This will keep the sprocket and puller from going airborn when the sprocket comes loose from the taper)   You need a very good puller, and a small steel cap to put over the end of the counter shaft to prevent any damage to the c/s end.   The Sach engine requires quite a few special tools to work on and adjust properly.  Good luck.    Doug W