74 400 mx pipe for sale

Started by Mike Lenz, March 26, 2003, 06:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Nice aftermarket 74/75 400 torque pipe for sale. I have fit my 75 400 with a 76 mc-5 pipe and therefore can sell the pipe I was using since I know alot of you are in desperate need of a 400 pipe. With this pipe you lose a little on top but you gain a bunch on the bottom. Unless you are an expert class rider you will be much better off with this pipe on a penton 400, makes it a much eisier bike to ride. I ride expert class and I thought about keeping it for use on techinical tracks but dont want to do all the switching. Ive used this pipe exclusively,on all the tracks the last couple of years, better on some tracks, could use more top end on some others. Requires another tab a little farther back on the r fender brace to mount. Make me an offer.

[email protected]

Mike, First dibs on the pipe? What is an offer that wont offend you?

mad max

HI Mike any chance of a pic i'll be more than interested un making you an offer MAX

chris richardson

Mike -

What about the pipe makes it "torque"?

does it get real fat (expansion chamber) as it bends over the motor?

or does it snail longer in the front rather than "90" twice back stright over the motor?

Is the pipe still available?
I ride expert too, and cannot find a good pipe for my Mint 400 project...

CR -
recent Penton titles:
2001 AHRMA Historic 500 expert nat'l champ
2002 AHRMA PV Open age expert nat'l champ
(Trying to get off the CZ in Sportsman)

Mike Lenz

Pipe is gone to first guy who emailed me.

tlanders

Chris,

At the MOVMX race in Thayer, MO yesterday I met a guy named Richard who now lives in Fayetteville, AR and who took his Mint 400 to Pro-Form Racing in California last year to have them build a pipe for it and set it up. Pro-Form has mostly been into Maicos but are getting interested in helping us Penton owners with pipes. These are the guys I sent the Carl crank pipe (250) specs to last winter to build a pipe for Fred Hunter in Kansas City. Richard said they built him a pipe, rebuilt and balanced his engine and it is now faster than his 400 CZ and 450 Maico. I told him about the POG site. He said that Pro-Form has built 10 of these pipes for sale. Contact Eric Cook at Pro-Form Racing at (909) 947-1121 or //www.pro-formracing.com/index.htm. I don't know whether these pipes are torque pipes or MX pipes. Hope this helps, Teddy

chris richardson

Thanks, Teddy - I just emailed the guy in CA, we'll see how it goes - he did not have Penton applications listed, but I'll keep the group posted!

see you at north 40 this wknd???
CR

tlanders

If north 40 is Marion, then you bet!! Can't wait. Please look me up - 62D. Teddy

Dennis D

Teddy, North 40 is in Texas. Bobby Lucas said he was going to race htere this weekend when I talked to him this week.