Penton National Award winners

Started by Dave Withrow, March 05, 2003, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

The following Penton riders were presented their National Champion awards at the AHRMA banquet on Saturday night
Kevin Brown
Teddy Landers
Greg Troyan
Mark Schmidt
Dave Withrow
Ken Knutson took honors (and the heaviest trophy) for top wrench.

imported_n/a

Contratulations to all.  May 2003 be as rewarding.

Glenn

Dennis Jones

Dave, I wish I could have been there to get mine. I guess it's in the mail.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

Dennis,
    Where were you?  Mitch, Gary, and I looked for you.  See you at Marion?

Dennis Jones

None of us from the area went, we all weenied out. Tony and the boys say that Marion is going to be a great venue, they have been working on it. See you there.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Larry Perkins

I hope you get it okay, Dennis.  In 2001 when Jesse and I won Championships it was nine months after the awards were handed out in Florida that we got our sweatshirts.  Luckily Ted Landers picked up our plaques in Florida and they were connected to us sooner.  Also one last AHRMA bitch.  I won three National classes and got one sweatshirt.  If three guys had won them they would have had to give three.  Bitter?  Who me?

Congrats to All who won and BIG CONGRATS to all who won on PENTONS!  Now some of you guys look in the mirror and move up.

Dennis Jones

Larry I have similar story for 2001 when I won classic int trials on my Wassell. A friend picked my sweatshirt up at Florida but the plaque traveled around the country for a while before catching up. I know AHRMA has it's problems but it's the best thing we have. Look at all the Pentons that are out of the barns and on the tracks. Thanks for all the help you've given me to keep my bikes going strong. My Jackpiner & I will be moving up to int. in 0 - 200 sportsman in the cross county this year.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tlanders

AHRMA had a hard time in 2002 getting the 2001 jackets out to everyone because there had just been a change in leadership and things were in flux. Dave Lamberth has been  wonderful sorting things out and is doing a great job for AHRMA. I do not believe there will be those kind of logistical problems this year. Dave Boydstun and Dave Lamberth are great. Larry, I didn't have to look in the mirror, I got a call and they moved me up to Intermediate. Should be challenging!!!!

Teddy

Larry Perkins

Ted, you will do fine.  Best of luck.    It will make you a better rider.

If AHRMA is better under Lamberth how come at the end of last Cross Country season with a few races left they finally realized that the rule book said one thing on how many races should count and the Vintage Views said another?  To make it worse they went with what VV said and not the rulebook.  I say it is the same thing just a different face.  It may be the only game in town but still not on top of the ball.  Hey somebody has to bitch.  I never liked it when the rules change in the middle of the game.