Sachs Clutch Hub

Started by imported_n/a, March 06, 2001, 09:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I'm doing my first rebuild of a 125/6B.  I'm having difficulty removing the caged thrust bearing from inside of the clutch hub.  What's the secret to removing the bearing?  Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Gary

Paul Danik

Gary,
  I have a thin pencil type magnet that I would slide down inside the hub. There are a top washer, caged bearing, and a lower washer.  The washers are grouved to fit the bearing. When I insert the magnet and it makes contact, I slowly turn the magnet to rotate the washer as I lift upward. I have also removed these same parts with two very thin screwdrivers. I prefer the magnet!!!!!
The hub has to be held to remove the nut from the inside.  There is a special Sachs tool that holds the hub, Alan has them for sale.  I have held the hub with a really good set of chain visegrips and never had a problem.  Just be careful to get a grip as far around the hub as possible with the chain, I use an air impact to remove that nut. Good luck and I hope I have helped. Any of you Poggers that have a better plan please have at it.
Paul Danik

imported_n/a

Thanks Paul,
I was able to remove the thrust bearing with a couple small screwdrivers. I already have the lock tool and need to get a deep well socket to remove the nut. The only part of the thrust bearing assembly that was left was the inner plate of the thrust assembly. That explains why I found a bunch of ball bearings when I pulled the case cover off.
Thanks,
Gary

Doug Wilford

The nut inside the hub can be removed with a 15/16 ths Deep Socket