sachs engine

Started by nitro f/a, March 20, 2003, 06:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro f/a

I'm trying to make 1 good 100cc sachs motor out of 2. both have bad cranks,1 has a good rod, i can't get the darn sprocket off!!! is it pressed on?? threaded?? HELP.it is a
1001 6B type. where can i get gaskets and seals? anyone have a motor to sell? crank?
thanks for any help.

darrell
darrell

Mark Annan

The sprocket is on a taper.  They can really get locked on!  You need a puller to get it off.  I use an automotive tierod puller.  A little heat on the sprocket helps.

All gaskets and seals are available from Al.  Have a look at the main page for the parts supplier list.

Den

And I assume you've figured out that the nut is left hand threaded.

john durrill

you need a protective cap to keep from cracking or bending the countershaft end when you use the puller. Al has the pullers i think and may have the cap also.
 It would be a good idea to invest in a shop manual. keep you from making some expensive mistakes.
John

fischercycle

Nitro,if your looking for a complete engine I have two 100cc 1973 ready to mount and also several 125cc engines ,these engines have been rebuilt very sound ready to run, also have lots of magneto left hand nuts 10mm and 12mm we have lots of parts for your old Sachs or Penton PROJECTS give me a call ,412 781 6309 or 724 586 7383 ask for Jake or Fischer cycle