motoplat ign. ?

Started by nitro f/a, March 21, 2003, 06:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro f/a

I just got a 1985 KTM 250 mx. the stator came loose and destroyed itself. can i use a stator from a sachs?? they look identical except for 2 wire colors. is the timing curve the same?anyone got the correct stator? (good used) thanks for any help. what a great site!!

darrell
darrell

Dr.2Stroke

The sachs Motoplat stator will not fit because of the postion of the woodruff key in the crank of your 250.you cant time the ignition point with the 250 flywheel.
i d have a good used tested stator for your 250,and tons of other parts for this bike. [email protected]

TGTech

The stator from the 1985 KTM will indeed interchange with the Sachs and vice versa. The flywheels will not interchange because of the taper diameter. I'm not sure about the keyway location, but it is moot anyway, due to the diamter of the crankshaft.

The stator from the Sachs engine, had 35, 18 and 5 watt lighting wires, while the KTM engine Motoplats, had 35, 21, and 5 watt wires. The ignition side of the two stators is identical.

There are other stators that will interchange, but the models are too numerous to mention here. Give me a call at 440-988-4474, with a piece of paper and a pencil handy, and I'll give them to you.

Dane Leimbach
Penton Imports Co., Inc.

john durrill

Dane you are a blessing,
 thanks for you help.
John & Peter

nitro f/a

thanks Dane, I will be calling you. and thanks to the rest who have helped me out!!!
this is a great site!!!!!!!
Darrell

darrell
darrell