Value of antique Pentons

Started by Pete Cornish, March 26, 2003, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Cornish

I had three 1972 to 1976 Pentons stolen and have recovered one.  Now I have a problem with the police and the court in detirmining the value of the bikes and parts. One was a 1976 125 (KTM) Penton with only four hours on the bike.  New condition.  I think that it would be worth $2000 to $2500, but I need to prove that to the court in order to get the thieves sent to jail.  Please help me if you can.  Do you have any sales evidence?

Pete Cornish
Pete Cornish

Rocket

Pete
Go to Ebay and check what the Penton's have been selling for, a 77 125 sold for, I think, $3800 a few weeks ago and a 72 100 sold for $2200 within the last few weeks.  Hope this helps, I hate thieves.
Rocket

Paul Danik

Pete,
  I am really sorry to hear of your losses. Please let us know how you make out.  If you have the serial numbers of the machines maybe  you could post them and we can all keep an eye out for them.  If you have some words of wisdom for the rest of us as to how to prevent what happened to you it might help someone else.
Again, sorry to hear of your losses.
Paul

Jeff Reid

Yes, I saw that '77 on eBay too-I printed out the picture of it for future reference. The '72 100 was mine- I'd be happy to write a letter or whatever you'd need to prove what I sold it for. contact me at [email protected] if I can help

Jeff Reid, VP Ohlins USA, Husqvarna and Penton/KTM collector
Jeff Reid

Kip Kern

Pete
Very sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully the bikes will be recovered.  This has always been my biggest fear so I contacted my insurance company to see what I could do.  Once a bike is restored, I have a local dealer appraise it on letterhead stationary and then take that to the insurance company and insure the bike for fire and theft.  Not the greatest, but a little "peace of mind".  Good Luck