check them out email me at [email protected] if you have questions
Jeff Reid

Jeff Reid

I've lowered the minimum bid on the cylinder to $15.00

Jeff Reid, VP Ohlins USA, Husqvarna and Penton/KTM collector
Jeff Reid

Rocket

Jeff,
I was looking through your list of stuff forsale and I spotted a WP shock.  Just wondering what the President of Ohlins is doing with an inferior product like that, shouldn't you just give that away?  Do you want my address so you know where to send it??
Rocket

Jeff Reid

Rod, Pretty funny- What else am I going to do with it? It's a fine shock-just didn't seem right to let it sit around and collect dust. I figured I'd sell it and buy more Penton parts. I've just about finished my '69 360 Husky and I've got 3 Pentons waiting for attention.
Jeff
Jeff Reid

Rocket

Jeff
You know I was just kidding.
Glad to see you got some good money out of that 72 100, that was (is) a nice bike.
CU at Mid-Ohio this year?
Rod

Jeff Reid

Rod,
I know you were- I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. Yes, plan to be there for sure- I even plan to bring a bike or two. Since I finished my garage I've been going full speed on finishing bike projects. Do you still have that really nice '77 175?

Jeff Reid, VP Ohlins USA, Husqvarna and Penton/KTM collector
Jeff Reid

Rocket

Jeff
I still have my 77 175.  I am working on a 75 175MX.  I need spokes for the front wheel to lace up and then it will start moving along.  Frame and motor are done, also need to come up with the proper blue color for the side covers.  
Rod

DKWRACER

Just got a bite on the blue color, can try Porche Riviera Blue from the mid 80's, this came from another Pogger......

Thomas Brosius

Bob

I believe you have the year wrong. Here's the original post:

<< I had my tank scanned, and a color that is very close is a stock DuPont color. It is 1994 Porsche Riviera Blue. >>

DKWRACER

Waaaaaaaah, glad to see the coverage....Tom...

Thomas Brosius

ssfx

The color chips that are put out by DuPont are basically a square with a circle punched out in the center. this way you can put the chip over the tank or number plate and do a match. The Porsche Riviera Blue matched extremely well.  The scanned color turned out too light when I shot the number plates. Hope this helps.

Bob

Is this color also correct for a 72 Jackpiner ?

Gary Brinton

I'm also matching the colors on a '72 Jackpiner.  On my (stock) bike, the color of the tank and the side panels are different shades of blue.  Possibly due to (1) the parts have "aged" for quite a few years and/or (2) the tank is fiberglass and the side panels are metal with the blue painted over a yellow base.  Also would appreciate any paint codes.
Thanks,
Gary

rd400pi

Hey guys,
  How many colors were used for Pentons?  Berk red, Six Day green, Piner blue and the later years orange, right?  Is the 250 red the same as the Berk red?  If there is a way to get these few colors investigated/scanned, then we could be done.  Is there any data available from the folks that were close to the Penton organization?  I would think that this shouldn't be tough to solve but, there may be some angle I haven't figured.  Thoughts from the group?

Mike Husted (rd400pi)
  (72, 74 Six Day and 76 MC5 250)

Jeff Reid

Wow, a garage listing turned into a paint discussion.  I've sold all the items listed. Very good info. on paint matches- I just hope those who could use this info. can find it buried here.
Jeff
Jeff Reid