New Quiz

Started by tmc3c, April 04, 2003, 12:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

What was the name of the rider that raced a penton 250 at Daytona in 74 and how did he do? I am coming up on working 3 12hr shifts so I will check the answers as I can, but I am sure this will be answered fast!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rcrump1

Thomas;
Buck Murphy raced a 250 Penton at Daytona in 1974, but I can't remember where he placed. Probably in the top five because he placed third overall in the 250 class in the three race 1974 series. They didn't call it supercross back then but that series evolved in to what we now know as supercross.
Richard

tmc3c

Buck is the man! But I will leave the quiz going to see if anybody can tell me how he did. Congrats  RICHARD !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

Here is a good one, one the cover of the original instructions manual (black and white) for the 175-250-400 is a rider with number 10 on the front, semi standing with the crowd in the background.....me not know...

Thomas Brosius

Paul Danik

I believe Buck finished 2nd overall for the day.  Mr. "T" from KTM was on hand for the action.  Who was the tuner that preped Buck's machine to run with the hi-buck factory machines?

tmc3c

That is correct Paul! Congrats to you! And I think that the answer to your question would be none other than MR Carl Cranke himself Correct? Now do you know who the other 2 riders that where there on Pentons?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

Hmmmm, Willy Bauer???, Jaak Van Velthoven???, Vladimer Kavinov???? Decent guess......

Thomas Brosius

tmc3c

Tom, That's not it, All of these guy's are from the good ole USA! none are from overseas

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Randy Kirkbride

Thomas,
The other two Penton riders were Ron Huffman and John Franklin.
Randy

tmc3c

Randy, You DA MAN ! Correct! and Congrats!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler