I may have figured out which class

Started by Steve Minor, April 09, 2003, 08:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

After re-reading the AMRMA rule book on classes, I see that Larry Perkins is correct about "post-vintage class" being a sub-class of "Historic 500"(actually vice versa). That falls under the Motocross section of the rule book. My question is: shouldn't I be looking at the "Cross-Country" section for the upcoming ISDTRR? That's where I found the class of "Post Vintage, 50+".

Edited by - steve minor on 04/09/2003  11:25:52 AM
Steve Minor

Dave Withrow

Hi Steve,
    Yes, you are correct.  If you intend on running your GS in CC events, it will be in the Post-Vintage class.  There are no separate sub catagories(ie. Historic, Grand Prix, Ultima) for Cross Country.  There IS, however, a Post-Vintage 50+ class.  Hope this helps.  GO PENTON!

Steve Minor

Thanks Dave....I knew someone would clear it up for me. I plan on riding the ISDTRR in Mass. this October and feel like the Post-Vintage, 50+, Novice class would be appropriate for me....

Steve Minor

lobo6y

Steve,
Just to confirm for you, as usual, the POGers are absolutely right!  For Cross Country (or the ISDTRR, in this case) your bike would fit in the Post Vintage +50 Novice class nicely.  If you have any addional questions on AHRMA rules, please don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Regards, Dave Janiec
AHRMA West MX Tech Chief, Trustee

Steve Minor

Thanks to all that responded...I'm clear about my classification now.

Steve Minor