Vintage Days

Started by SoCal996, May 06, 2003, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal996

Hello All,
I'm planning on making the trip to Ohio for VMDs, so should get my reservations. There is a list of places to stay on the AHRMA/AMA site, but not being familiar with the area recommendations on where to stay would help. I'm planning on having my bike shipped and flying into Columbus. Can someone recommend a inexpensive place, i.e., Motel 6, relativily close to the activities? Is Columbus the best place to fly into?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Doug Wilford

Brian,   Yes Columbus is the best place to fly into then you are about 45- 1 hr from Lexington.  Most of us get rooms in Mansfield which is a short drive from the track.

SoCal996

sachsmx

Brian, I live about 12 miles from the track. There are several hotels in the area including a Comfort Inn, Days Inn, and Ramada Inn at exit 165 (Bellville, OH) at I-71 and Rt. 97. These would be 15-20 minutes from the track. A little further north at exit 169 (Mansfield, OH I-71 and Rt 13) there is a Baymont Inn, Amerihost Inn, and a Super 8. These would be 20-25 minutes from the track.

Doug Wilford

Brian,   Yes Columbus is the best place to fly into then you are about 45- 1 hr from Lexington.  Most of us get rooms in Mansfield which is a short drive from the track.

SoCal996

sachsmx

Brian, I live about 12 miles from the track. There are several hotels in the area including a Comfort Inn, Days Inn, and Ramada Inn at exit 165 (Bellville, OH) at I-71 and Rt. 97. These would be 15-20 minutes from the track. A little further north at exit 169 (Mansfield, OH I-71 and Rt 13) there is a Baymont Inn, Amerihost Inn, and a Super 8. These would be 20-25 minutes from the track.