Lloyd Chenowith passed away

Started by tlanders, June 20, 2003, 12:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

A sad day for vintage motorcycle racers. Lloyd died of a massive heart attack yesterday morning at his home in Fulton, MO. There were no indications that this would happen. At the last MOVMX race he entered and raced in three classes AND did all the computerized rider entries for the day. A very wonderful man, a very great loss for all of us.

Larry Perkins

I am so sad to hear of Lloyds passing.  I talked with him Sunday at the Moberly MOVMX race.  Lloyd always had a smile, a handshake, and an offer to help.  Truely seemed like a good man.  I am bummed and he will be missed.  That is two MOVMX racers in less than a month gone before their time.  

God Speed Lloyd!

Dave Withrow

Whenever I think of the reasons why I got back into racing I'll always think of Lloyd.  He was a fierce competitor on the track,  always there with a smile and handshake or wave after the moto was over.  He had an easy laugh and was always willing to share a story or two.  Our lives are better for having known him.  I'll miss you Lloyd....

AndyL

Lloyd's passing is a big loss!  On Sunday in Moberly we had a great time dicing it up on the track.  I did my best but just couldnt hold him off or pass him back.  We had a great laugh after the motos.

A year and a half ago, when I first started doing the vintage racing thing, Lloyd was one of the first guys I met at my first race.  He always came up and talked to me after that first meeting and always offered a helping hand when I needed one.

I am gonna miss him.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

pketchum

My experience with Lloyd was much like Andy's has been.  Lloyd and I became friends because of our mutual experiences on the race track.  One of my most memorable was down at the Carver Brothers hideaway in Stotts City, MO.  We were in a dead heat in the 1st moto for the holeshot and Lloyd had the inside line.  I managed to pass him in the 1st lap but threw my chain and he passed me back.  He finished 1st in that moto, and the 2nd moto first turn was a carbon copy of the 1st, only this time I passed him quickly and ran away with the race this time finishing perhaps 15-20 seconds ahead of Lloyd.  We always seemed to look for each other at the races, egging each other on, encouraging each other and became good friends at the track this way.  Yes, he had an easy smile, always offering a helping hand, and would be there for you if you needed him, no questions asked.  

I'll miss you Lloyd.  See you at the finish line!

Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka