cc to fl. oz. conversion

Started by Steve Minor, July 14, 2003, 08:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Can someone give me a conversation from cc to fluid ozs. (or vice versa) and also tell me the proper amount of fork oil for my 35mm Marz forks. I seem to recall 280 cc per leg..?

Also, any comments about fork oil weight would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Edited by - steve minor on 07/14/2003  09:53:18 AM
Steve Minor

swamp fox

Hi Steve,
Good question. Sometimes we just forget all the stuff we were taught in school. Except Sally, Suzie, Mary ...  Anyway, here is a site I found that answers all that.
http://www.starlighter.com/aroma/convert.htm
Hope this will help.

OK Sorry, I meant it would answer the conversion question

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire

Edited by - swamp fox on 07/14/2003  09:45:23 AM
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Larry Perkins

Steve

There is a cool thing you have to have called a Ratio Rite.  Most motorcycle dealers can order one if they don't have it.  It is a little plastic pitcher that has different gas-oil mixtures marked on one side and on the other it has oz and cc.  Cool deal and helpful with modern and vintage bikes.

deek

Steve

I use a glass baby bottle, works great.

Dale

AndyL

Steve,
I like this site, lots of interactive tables to use:
//www.convert-me.com/en/

FYI: one ounce(fluid) is 29.57cc.

Also, the next time you go to the doctor, ask them for a handfull of one or two ounce syringes.  They work great for measuring out fluids and even cc'ing heads.

Andy

Edited by - AndyL on 07/14/2003  11:53:15 AM
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Mike OReilly

I'm not sure if you got a reply to your original question: how much oil?
I rebuilt a pair recently and this is the advice I received from Mike Lenz: Forks compressed, No springs: oil 6.5" from the top. If they botton at this level, go to 6.25" from the top and continue at .25" intervals until they rarely bottom hard.
I did mine with 20 wt. fork oil at 6.25" from the top and they seem to work well so far. (I weigh 160lbs. and ride at an intermediate level; the bike will be used mostly for fast woods riding)
I use a turkey baster, some gas line an old spoke and some zip ties for a depth measuring tool, by the way.
I'm sorry but I dont know what the recommended capacity is in cc's although that would be a lot easier than the depth measurement method.
By the way, I always understood 1 oz. to be 28.5 cc's/ml's.
Hope this doesn't come too late to assist.
Mike

Blue_Dog

Steve:
Could'nt send conversion program on this site, so emailed you direct. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
B_D