Needed: Sachs 125/6B Connecting Rod Kit

Started by namgar, June 24, 2003, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namgar

I am in pretty desperate need of a Sachs 125/6B connecting rod kit.  I've tried all the usual suspectss (I have one on order from Al B.) but I have been waiting for almost four months.  I complete missed using my Penton for the first half of the AHRMA Mid-Atlantic series and would really like to get it going before we resume in Sept.  I don't mind buying another one from a second source other than Al since I have another engine I will be rebuilding in the fall anyway.  Doe's anyone have a lead on these?  An NOS unit is highly preferred since I have completely rebuilt the rest of the engine/transmission and bike in general.

Thanks!
Will G.

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

Kip Kern

Contact Forest Stahl @ 765-284-7593 (Advance Tool and Die) he can get the kits for you from Euro Rod.  Forest is a dealer and can also rebuild your crank as he just did three "B" cranks for me!

john durrill

will,
 I sent the Hammers a note. if Forest is out of rod kits then they may be able to help. we should know in a day.
John & Peter

Kip Kern

Don't forget when looking at Rod Kits, the "B" crank pin is the longer one(roughly 56mm) and the "A" crank pin is the shorter one (roughly 53mm)

john durrill

Will,
 we recieved a reply from the Hammers . they have new A rod kits only.
John & Peter

john durrill

Will ,
 Just talked to Jake Fisher.
 he has a bunch of the B rod kits in stock
Hope this helps every one.
 Jake said he would bring some to Mid Ohio
 He also has the inner race pullers for the M20 main bearings he will bring
John D.

Edited by - john durrill on 06/30/2003  09:48:56 AM

Edited by - john durrill on 06/30/2003  09:51:50 AM

namgar

Thanks all, I got one from Fischer.

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

Dennis Jones

John,

How would one contact the people with the A rod kits you mentioned? Thanks

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

john durrill

Dennis,
 here is the short cut to their web site.
 you can contact them from there. if they dont answer in a day or so, copy the email address and send them another one from your home email.
http://www.motorrad-klassiker-ersatzteile.de/
 they are great folks and understand english. use the part # out of your Penton parts book. its the same # that Sachs used for engine parts.
email adress listed is
[email protected]
John D.

Edited by - john durrill on 07/24/2003  09:19:51 AM

Mark Annan

How much was the rod kit from Jake??

Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

namgar

Don't know, $150 plus I believe, I had it sent COD to my mechanic

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann