7th Annual ISDT Reunion Ride

Started by rob w, June 11, 2003, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I received a newsletter issused from the Leroy Winters Memorial and the Pathfinders M/C. It states this-

"As of June 1, 91 riders have signed up, 18 of them ISDT vets, 10 of whom rode in 1973. The Pentons are in the forefront with five of the six 1973 Trophy Team members entered, Tom Penton, Jack Penton, and Jeff Penton, Carl Cranke and Dane Leimbach, with Billy Uhl yet to be heard from. With the addition of Doug Wilford and Jim Hollander, both also entered, both Penton Manufacturer's Teams, A and B are also entered."

Folks, this is really going to be something special, to say the least. So heads up, don't regret it later, this will be the greatest assembly of Penton legends that we may ever witness again.

Pentonians, grasp the magnitude of this epic event, and don't delay, entry's will probably start going quick. I sure hope you'll try to make it.

Bob

Edited by - rob w on 07/10/2003  10:13:25 PM

Jeff D

I spoke with Billy at the Idaho City qualifier a couple weeks ago.  He is heavily involved in a new trail project and said if he gets it finished he'll be able to attend the ISDTRR.  I'll make sure he knows the other 5/6's of the Trophy Team will be there.  Hopefully that will be enough to get him to come!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Mark Annan

How many POG members are planning to attend the Reunion Ride?  How many of you will be riding in the event?  Need I ask..What will you be riding?

I'll be there on my trusty '70 Sixday.

Mark

PS there is a limit of 200 riders and they are close to 160 signed up now.

Edited by - Mark Annan on 07/08/2003  10:51:42 PM

Edited by - Mark Annan on 07/08/2003  11:40:38 PM

Steve Minor

I'll be there on my 77' Penton 400 GS6...Post Vintage 50+ Novice class....

Edited by - steve minor on 07/09/2003  3:50:37 PM
Steve Minor

desmond197

I will be there on my 72 Monark 125 or my 73 Penton 125. Which ever is running the best at the time.

tlanders

Still can't decide whether to ride my Piner and put lights on the '78 MC5.

Teddy

Gary Brinton

I'll be riding a 1972 Jackpiner.
Gary

rob w

Going for gold on my 74/75 Penton 400.

Mark, the Pathfinders newsletters are suppose to keep us up-to-date on the entries, rider's name and machine ridden. So far I have only recieve the one.

Teddy, Are you getting spoiled riding those long legged contraption's ?

Where's my riding buddy from last year... Karl?

metalkfab

I here Rob.Hopefully I'll have that 125 Six-Day "D" motored bike ready for the ride.Curently working on a polished/mirrored finish exhaust shroud for it.Do you think the cops will be checking registrations against serial numbers? I only have a title for a 250 and I'm going to use it to get tags.

Steve Minor

One of my concerns is getting a NC state inspection sticker. My tires are not DOT approved. Do you think the police will be inspecting bikes at the event? And if so, how thorough do you think they will be?

Edited by - steve minor on 07/10/2003  11:33:25 AM
Steve Minor

tlanders

I LOVE my Piner. The only thing that makes me consider the MC5 is because of the last time I rode the Bershire. It was the 1971 Bershire International 2 day Qualifier. At the end of the first day they put in a steep down hill section that was a large field of large round stones. It absolutely finished off my arms. I was riding my 1971 steel tank Six Day. I thought the MC5 might make it easier on me!!!!

Teddy

Mark Annan

I saw a copy of the rider list that included what bikes guys are intending to ride.  I see that the Penton boys ( Tom, Jeff, Jack ) are indicating that they will ride modern KTM's.  What would it take to get them on classic Penton's for the ride??  If it is a matter of not having a vintage Penton to ride I'm sure there are members of this group that would be thrilled to have one of them use one of their bikes for the event.  How about it guys??  Lets see if we can get the original Penton sponsored teams on correct Penton motorcycles for this historic event.  I have heard that there are several ISDT vets (Billy Uhl for example) that need a bike to ride (modern or vintage).  Any volunteers?

It is my understanding that the course for this years event will be more of a dual sport type of trail this year (compared to the previous 2 years in MO).

Mark

Mike OReilly

Coming down from Canada with a 1973 250 "Jack Penton Replica".
As for the questions in regard to legality and to what extent the local police will be checking vehicle compliance, maybe we could have some input from the Pathfinders M.C.?

Mark Annan

I just got the meeting minutes from the last Pathfinders meeting about the Reunion Ride.  Sounds like it is coming together nicely.  They have 197 riders signed up at this point.  Sounds good to me.