Pentons at Portland Michigan

Started by Dave Withrow, August 25, 2003, 10:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

AHRMA invaded the small town of Portland Sat. and Sun.  It was great to get out and see my fellow POGGERs.  Nice weather...The rain Sun. was just enough to keep the dust down.  I didn't get there 'til late on Sat. so I didn't get down any results for the Vintage MX.  I do know that Greg Troyan finshed 4th in his class.  Great to see you back out there Greg!  Randy Abner (hope I got that right) put his camera down and rode the CC on Sun.  Great to have another Pentonite out there.  Here's the results from Sunday's CC and PVMX.
CC
Teddy Landers-1st in PV 50+ Int.
Jamie Wills-1st in Sportsman Open Nov.
Ray Brunt-2nd in PV 50+ Int.
Dennis Jones-3rd in Sportsman 0-200 Int.
Dave Withrow-3rd in PV Nov.
Randy Abner-4th in Sportsman Open Nov.
PV MX
Teddy Landers-1st in PV 50+ Int.
Keith Schiesser-1st in Historic 250 Int.
Curt Kennelly-2nd in Historic 250 Int.
Rick Young-1st in 250 Historic Exp.
Dave Withrow-1st in GP 500 Nov.
Everybody take care and hope to see you at Saddleback East.

Larry Perkins

rob w

I'm not really up on the Post Vintage scene, but I was surprised at how many Penton MC5's and early KTM's I saw there, I met four new Penton racers that I had never known of. It would'nt surprise me that in a few years the PV entries will surpass the vintage turn-out. From what I gathered there listening, some of our vintage friends would rather jump ship to PV. All I can say is, if you want to ride well in PV, and if the tracks are like Portland was, you better start practicing your doubles and tabletops.

Mick Milakovic

Rob, I know what you mean.  I've only raced three times since my return to the scene last year, one of which was at the Red Bud Grass Race.  That track was as I truly remember things.  Natural jumps, kind of tight, no doubles or table tops.  The other two tracks were Log Road and Hangtime in the Great Lakes series.  Both had plenty of doubles (at least for my taste), and I really don't like it.  It's a forced issue, though, and if one wants to ride PV then face it.  That's one reason I can't wait to get my Hare Scrambler finished.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

Dennis Jones

I had a great time at Portland. Lots of Pentons and good friends. The cool weather was a real break from the heat we're having in Missouri. The best part for me was seeing my younger brother win his first ever vintage race on his restored Penton the first time out with it.As Dave says GO PENTON

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones