Jackpine engine #'s /info needed

Started by Dennis D, August 25, 2003, 10:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis D

I am interested in learning about the engine #'s on the early 175s. I have two Piners and a parts engine. My early bike has a # of 125 on it. This motor has no clock date cast into the case. The parts motor that I have is # 462 and has a Feb. clock on it and the newer bike is #2652 with a June date on the clock. The early bike has a 04 date on the frame and the later one 12. I also wonder if the motors started with a serial # of 1 or if they started with 100. Anyone out there with a lower # than 125? If so what kind of a frame date do you have. I know the racers find this kinda stuff boring,but some of us got to keep a few originals around for the next generation of Penton nuts! Dennis D

Edited by - Dennis D on 08/27/2003  07:22:11 AM

Mike Lenz

There is a site he can go to to get straightened out isnt there?

Blue_Dog

OUCWBOY

I think the information can be found here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/PentonRestorationandTechGroup/

Donny
PS I think you have to apply to become a menber of this site, but just tell them you are a POG Member and you should get in

Donny Smith

Edited by - oucwboy on 08/28/2003  9:22:03 PM
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Dennis D

The site that you are refering to is to generic for what I am looking for. I would like to establish a timeline on production dates/serial #'s. I would really like to know if someone has a engine number lower than 125 and if that engine has a clock cast in it. Bobby Lucas said that he has not seen a motor without a clock date. He also said that some of the internals on my engine were different than any of the 175's that he has seen. Dennis D

Edited by - Dennis D on 09/03/2003  11:11:26 PM

Rocket

Dennis
What internals is Lucas referring to?
Rocket

Dennis D

He said that some of the stuff in the tranny was different. Something to do with the shims and the way the gears were cut. Also the head and the jug were drilled to help retain the head and base gasket. Since the # on the motor is so low I was wondering if it might have been one of the first 175's. If the serial #'s started with 100 then it would have been the 25th motor. If they started with 1 then I don't think this one is anything special. That is why I wondered if anyone had a motor with a lower #. If it is one of the first,could it have been assembled for someone "special"? Dennis D