Wanted: Falk replica rear enduro fender

Started by Mike OReilly, August 11, 2003, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike OReilly

I'm in the process of putting together a "Jack Penton replica" for the I.S.D.T. reunion. Al Buehner has a listing for the proper enduro fender with the hump for a tailight, as was run on the Penton/KTM's in Dalton in '73. He called me today, and unfortunately he is out of stock, and apparently so is Larry Perkins.
Any leads on this item would be appreciated.
By the way, I have the proper CEV tailight, so it is only the fender that I require. Also, Al says that there are more of these fenders on the way, they just won't be here for October. So if you have one waiting on a project, there will be more available.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Dwight Rudder

Rik Smits has some that should work. They are the Falk for the Hercules.
Cher'o,

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

ktmkirk

Quotequote:
I'm in the process of putting together a "Jack Penton replica" for the I.S.D.T. reunion. Al Buehner has a listing for the proper enduro fender with the hump for a tailight, as was run on the Penton/KTM's in Dalton in '73. He called me today, and unfortunately he is out of stock, and apparently so is Larry Perkins.
By the way, I have the proper CEV tailight, so it is only the fender that I require. Also, Al says that there are more of these fenders on the way, they just won't be here for October. So if you have one waiting on a project, there will be more available.
Thanks,
Mike

ktmkirk

I am the original owner of the mold for the fender that Larry and AL were selling fenders for, If there is enough interest from either Larry , Al , or the POg members I can have another run made.  I also referred Rick SMits (through Larry) to the manufacturer and his fender was supposed to be more for the Hercules, I could be wrong since I havn't seen his fenders yet.

Quotequote:
Thanks,
Mike

Mike OReilly

Anybody have contact info. for Rick Smits? I've tried the POG member list and Vinduro with no luck.
Thx. Mike

Larry Perkins

Go to the AHRMA member list on the website and you can find Rik there.

Mike Lenz

I looked at Ricks fenders at Walnut this weekend and they look very similer to Penton rear fenders. Should work fine. If you cant find his contact info email me. [email protected]

swamp fox

Mike,
A fender was listed on Ebay this morning, but there are no pictures. Seller says "new reproduction Falk rear enduro fender". Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35607&item=2428425275

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

rs4510

Hey guys Rik here. Pictures are now up on Ebay. If any of you want one before Larry or Al get theirs made I have a few left.
They are $55 plus shipping.
Email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Rik

Rocket

Welcome to the POG site Rik, glad to see you joined up.
Rocket

rob w

I bought one of these fenders last weekend from Rik at the Portland race.
The plastic they are made from seems to be right on, strong, flexible, not brittle.
He explained to me ahead of time they are designed for the Hercules, but can be trimmed to fit Pentons.
I had to cut about 2" off of the front edge (up under the seat where it's not seen), trim around the rear shock bolt head for clearance, and use an extra rubber washer on the front two mounting bolts (it comes about 3/16" from touching there).
The finished mounted product looks great, I'm happy with it.
Thanks Rik.

Oh, I thought I should add that I was fitting it to my 1975 400, which I'm sure would pertain to all the 74 or 75 KTM powered Pentons,(6 1/2" inside the rear frame loop).

Edited by - rob w on 08/25/2003  4:18:12 PM

rs4510

Hi Rob, It was good meeting you this weekend in Portland. I'm glad the fender worked out for you. Thanks for posting the modifications you had to make.
Rik

BrianTaylor

Mike did you call Helmut Klassen in Dundas ?? I checked a few months ago he had the Hercules units in stk...Brian T.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Dr.2Stroke

i have two original rear falk fenders on stock,which should fit to the Hercules in 1977 and 1978. they are similar to the penton rear fenders with round taillights,but not the same. My EMail is: [email protected]