Bidding on EBAY for 74 RH Panel....

Started by DKWRACER, September 10, 2003, 06:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

As you know, I have been active in reproducing affordable side panels in fiberglass for POG Members, If not asking too much, could you not bid on the one on EBAY, so that I can reproduce for the club....Thanks, Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

rob w

Hi Tom, This is funny, just today I was playing around trying to decide which RH side panel I would fit to my bike next. That's when I saw the slight difference between the stock ones I have and one of your's. Your's is good, it fits and works the same, and is stronger than stock, but I had never picked up on the vertical line/ front edge tucking in on the stock one before.

As far as the ebay deal, I think you'll have to battle the guy who's trying to claim the LH/airbox side, and it looks like he's not holding back any.

Here's some better news.

Two weeks ago I was picking up an $80 Penton, then the guy (old Puch,Montesa dealer) takes me into a different barn and says "if you find anything you want you can have it", so I'm looking around and there's nothing even left because it's been picked thru by other people over the years.
Then I look down, kick the hay away, and found a RH side panel for a Penton, just like the one on ebay now. It has never been drilled or used, it was painted (that can be removed), and has one little piece of the lip at the bottom edge of the plate chipped, apx. 1/8" high x 1/4" long. That can be repaired with epoxy right? Let me know if it's something you care to check out, I'm thinking it's almost as good as new for what you need it for.
Thanks
Bob