Decent Six Day on ebay

Started by Don Roth, August 19, 2003, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Roth

Saw this item seems to be complete and
not a basket case, hope someone gets it
before the 'break apart' gang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6719&item=2428796552

jerry

I got it. Just picked it up yesterday. Seems very complete. Not perfect but complete. I am happy and I guess that is waht matters. Jerry

Jerry
Jerry

Randy Kirkbride

Jerry,
That is a great looking bike.  I bid on that one myself.  If they had a better picture I probably would have gone higher. Congrats again.
Where are you located?

Edited by - Randy Kirkbride on 09/08/2003  8:03:58 PM

rd400pi

Jerry,
  Once you get past the seat cover, you've got it made.  Hey, the guy even threw one in!  Good luck.

Mike Husted
  72/74 Six Day, 76 MC5 250
  72 OSSA Pioneer (oops)

jerry

Randy, et al, it really is a complete bike and runs well. He actually didn't "have" the seat cover there, but it is on order and being shipped to me. The guy seemed straight up. He even threw in a couple R90S BMW parts. I live in Columbia, SC and I am new to Pentons other than lusting after them and Hodakas as a teenager. This one has a speedo/odometer that kinda looks like it is original - how can I tell? I can't find a good picture anywhere that shows one. Thanks guys. Jerry

Jerry
Jerry

Don Roth

Jerry..
Just my $0.02, appears to be original,the mount is same as stock, VDO was the vendor,
usually inner-tubed to crossbar, BTW good snag! At $200 per headlight and $300 per tailpipe, I would say you did just fine.

Bob

Quotequote:

VDO was the vendor,

Yup. Should be a 120 mph VDO with the chrome reset knob. Looks like the original mount.. Look for the number W 1.42 stamped on the side. That's the ratio and it needs to be 1.42 to get a correct reading.