Nobody out there has a bike for sale?

Started by James, September 18, 2003, 01:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Just wondering again if anyone has a
Mint 400, MC5 400, 420, or 495 for sale.
I am in Tucson, Az. I can go anywhere but east coast to get it. Have cash...anyone
Thank you, James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

Dave Withrow

James,
    I don't know if it is still there, but there was a nice 495 for sale I believe in Colorado.  Look up KTM in cycletrader.com.  Good luck.

James

Thank you, i will check it out.
James

firstturn

James, we have a National Enduro next weekend and I will ask some of the more MATURE riders if they have anything around that you can get into resonable.  The last 495 I owned came from a course worker-Go Figure.  Anyway that will be on Sept. 28.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

James

Thank you for your responses. Just got my daughter ( 3yrs old) a PW 50 today. We had a lot of fun. I had to drag my 220lb butt on the fender behind her, but when that bike revved up and shifted ..I could tell-she got it. She is now one of us-at 3. I am so estatic over that I guess I can wait a bit on a bike for me if I have to. Thanks, James

LynnCamp

What a great story about your 3 year old daughter!!!  Good for you!!! -- It is so rewarding to have interests you can share with your family.  I regret that I didn't think about getting my family interested in bikes until now -- when I had to insist that it is MY TURN to do what I want to do.

P.S. If you really have parts in your kitchen cabinets, you are getting more than your share of  support/tolerance from your better half as well.

Rocket

James
I have a restored 74 250 that I would sell, but it is not cheap.  Email at [email protected] if you would like to see a picture.
Rocket

James

Thanks guys, yes it was great. We went up and down the alley today. She even turned the throttle and worked the brake-with me holding her up. Riding on the back of a 50
is a bit painful for me at 6'2".
Rocket, thank you...I owned a 74 250 from
92-2000-it recently sold on e-bay for 1800.
I need an open bike. If it is in fact, my old 250-I am interested. Larry Perkins bought it-sold it to someone in Ohio who then sold it on e-bay last month...American flag decals on front of tank unusally nice paint on the tank-and polished triple clamps with 210 forks. If it is my old bike-let me know, thanks, James

James

Oh yeah-just to clarify..The bike parts are in the cabinets because I live in a house without a garage. When i moved to Tucson, I could not find reasonable sq ft with a garage-or without a pool. So yes since the kichen is freakishly large I have clean parts in the cabinets along with clean tools and a large table with new/ refinished parts on it too. Lynn, yes my wife is awesome. She told me not to sell any bikes-I did and regretted it. Getting back into now.
James

imported_n/a

James,

I bought that 250 last month on E-Bay.  The American flags clue was the tipoff.  The paint job on the tank was nicely done, but it started leaking near the seat about a week after I bought it.  It seems like there is a repair there under the paint.

I don't remember the best method to fix a small leaker.  Any hints would be appreciated.  I have plenty of time to do light-duty repairs.

Glenn

Dave Withrow

Glen,
    Believe it or not, I have had success by using J&B Weld on small leaks.  Good luck....GO PENTON!

James

Glenn conrats on the bike. Unless it haS been
really discinfigured it should rip. The tank was actually painted back in 93. It was a blue 175 tank. I saw it before it was painted.
Rick Heidman put the coating in it for me. Another guy painted it (don't remember who now). When it was painted it had no repairs. The day it went to Bobby's house it had no leaks. Now -the only good way to repair fiberglass (and I'm sure to tourque off a LOT of people now)Is to use fiberglass mat and resin. Anything less is like putting a band aid on a massive head wound.

Glenn I can explain with some detail how to do this repair. It is simple. Since the details are long..Why don't you e-mail me-and I will explain on the phone. Going to get a " vintage mx van" Will be back this pm
About 7 pst. James

generalbay

I have seen every one of the bikes you are looking for on ebay. But, you have to watch everyday. Some have sold for very resonable prices. Hope this helps. D Duvall
[email protected]