Bing "baseline" carb. settings

Started by Dante, March 30, 2001, 02:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Spent the morning buttoning up my DKW w/125"A" engine. can someone help with approximate carb. settings
  Am I asking too much to expect this machine to idle? I "boogied" up & down the alley 1 time and it seemed to run fine (on the pipe) but will not idle.
thanx in advance guys

Bob

I sent you some Penton 125 specs by email Dante. Sounds like a possible air leak at the manifold.

Rocket

Dante
Sounds like the pilot jet could be plugged.  I would check that and go from there.
Rocket

Dante

Here's the deal, I tore the carb. apart last week & cleaned it all up. when i reassembled & installed it I turned on the petcock on it didn't dribble so I figured I was good to go.
ha! ha! apparently these bings have NO overflow feature so when the needle valve stuck it just went ahead and filled the crankcase cavity up. So at this point it was so loaded up that I have no clue how it's really gonna run. I'll adjust the air screw properly and check for an intake leak and then take it for a good ride to clear it out real good and then I'll let you guys know what I find.
     Seems like it's gonna be a fun little bike.

Kip Kern

Dante

Get a Clymer, M427, shop manual.  It is for the DKW and has the carb specifications/settings in it as well as maintenance on your machine.  Good Luck

Dante

update:  Went to the garage this morn. Checked for air leaks, Adjusted the bleed screws properly (wrapped them w/teflon tape)It idles real well now but shuts down at max. rpm's...I think it's loading...Should I drop the needle?