Passing of William A. Oury

Started by imported_n/a, September 08, 2003, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

While reading the local paper, I stumbled across the obituary of William A. Oury, 62, who passed away September 3rd in Wheaton, Illinois.  William was an active and innovative motorcyclist and racer, best known for having invented the "Oury Grip."  Goodspeed, William.

Glenn

firstturn

Thanks Glenn  -  It is nice to remember a gentleman who touched so many of us, and I never had the opportunity to meet him.  Nice touch.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Thanks for letting us know, One thing is for sure...none of us live for ever.... at least not here and now.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Glenn - Just a heads up I have noted several web sites mention Mr. Oury passing and referenced your posting.  Thanks to You many old racing were able to give Mr. Oury a proper Godspeed.  Thanks

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Ron, the Oury name is familiar around Wheaton, where I grew up.  My oldest brother may have gone to high school with William, as they are the same age, but I'm not really certain.  

In any event, Mr. Oury deserves our utmost respect and sense of loss in his passing at an early age.

Glenn

Mike Lenz

He will not live on, but his grips will! I use em on all my bikes. Glenn is your wife doing ok?

imported_n/a

Hey, Mike,

Yeah, my wife is doing fine.  Things came out (no pun intended) fine.  She's back to normal now.  Thanks for asking.

Glenn