Reunion Ride Info.

Started by Mark Annan, September 26, 2003, 11:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

I just got a note from the Pathfinders.  Their website is updated with the latest info, including rider numbers.  Have a look.

http://www.pathfindersmc.org/

Mark A

Mark Annan

I just had a look at the rider list.  I see that #1 guy John Penton is listed as 822 in the Vintage 70+ Expert class.  Will he actually be riding???  I sure hope so.  That alone would make the trip worth it to me.  To be able to share even a portion of the trail with him.  My fondest memories of the previous 2 Reunions was when He and Al Born came over and struck up a conversation with me during staging on day one.  Then later while zipping down a trail out in the woods there they were cheering us on.  I was my steel tanker trying to keep up with Ted DeSolar at that point.

Mark Annan

I just had a look at the rider list.  I see that #1 guy John Penton is listed as 822 in the Vintage 70+ Expert class.  Will he actually be riding???  I sure hope so.  That alone would make the trip worth it to me.  To be able to share even a portion of the trail with him.  My fondest memories of the previous 2 Reunions was when He and Al Born came over and struck up a conversation with me during staging on day one.  Then later while zipping down a trail out in the woods there they were cheering us on.  I was my steel tanker trying to keep up with Ted DeSolar at that point.

Steve Minor

Mark.....I see the numbers have been posted. I have a question...Do you know if: (1)The numbers to be black on a yellow background, (2)specific colors to designate class or (3)anything contrasting combination?

Thanks
Steve

Edited by - steve minor on 09/26/2003  4:35:55 PM
Steve Minor

Mark Annan

No requirements about number or plate style or color.  "back in the day"  it was yellow plates with hand painted black numbers.  Don't worry if you don't have that setup.  Markers and a note card will work fine.  Bob, check the current list.  You have #504.  See you soon.

Mark

Mark Annan

The Pathfinders have just updated their web site to include the rules and corrected rider numbers.

http://www.pathfindersmc.org/

Have a look.

Mark

bkinnon

Does anyone have any info on where to go for the best spectating areas, if there will be an opportunity to mingle with the riders etc. I would like to drive down from Maine, but want to be sure it is the right thing to do. If I bring Penton tanks down would I be able to get autographs without intruding? Any info will be appreciated.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
'72 Jackpiner 175 original owner
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Mark Annan

I don't know for sure about out on the trail (never been there) but there is usually plenty of mingling opportunities in the pits.  Especially on Friday and later in the day as riders arrive back.