ISDT Reunion

Started by Paul Danik, October 06, 2003, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

I'm really sorry that they threw out the scores from special test #2 on Sunday,that happened to be my favorite of the day.The boulders we had to climb were awesome and the trail in that sections was Great!Maybe I had a hand in the scoring problem-I scattered the scorers at the check when I came barreling in at full throttle and scattered the time keepers,(heck, I knew I could stop before running over everybody,but it sure was funny to see the look on their faces as I slid to a stop !).Does anybody know when they post all the results ? I'm curiuos how I faired in relation to others.

tlanders

After a 1350 mile trip back home in Harvey (the RV) I am forcing myself to come back to the ground again. Rosemary just came by the office and she said the same thing was happening to her. We both had the best weekend imaginable to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and our 32 Bershire anniversary and can never thank enough all the wonderful people who made it possible. I tried to thank every person out on the trail who stood around in the cold rain to make sure I didn't miss a turn as I went by them.

I hope Jay, the guy who shot 8 hours of video tape, will not edit out anything. An 8 hour video would not be enough to recapture the whole weekend. I hope he got some shots of some of the riders stuck up to their exhaust pipes in mud and shots of the vintage bikes scaling the giant, wet, muddy bolders in the special test hill climbs on Sunday.

Some riders were wishing that the ride hadn't been so difficult. I think the Pathfinders and Steve Ericson and Bob Hicks did a fantastic job of recreating the essence of the Dalton 6 Day. I rode the 1971 Bershire International Qualifier and parts of it were more difficult and of course it was a lot more difficult to average 24 mph than 12 and 18, but considering the bikes are 30 years older now ( we aren't are we?), it was perfect and we all really got the true flavor of the Dalton 6 Day.

Jim Hollereich (sp?) was fantastic too. His museum is worth driving to Mass. to see. He spent a lot of money building onto the museum, buying special pens and other memorabilia. etc. just for this event. And of course, he let us ruin his hay and pastures with no chance of it growing back this fall. Thanks Jim.

At the banquet one of the speakers said that never before and probably never again would there be so much American off road motorcycle talent assembled in one place. It was awesome!!! I was so proud to be riding a PENTON because John and his organization and his motorcycles had so much to do with making the 1973 ISDT an American event.

Teddy