***News Flash*** ISDT Reunion Ride Photos

Started by Admin, October 26, 2003, 06:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

If you get a chance, check out the 2003 ISDT Reunion Ride photos posted on the website at:

http://www.pentonusa.org/photos/2003/isdt/default.asp

Bill & Karen

Doug Wilford

You two are great, Thanks again for all your work.
:)     :D

LynnCamp

:DAn incredibly nice batch of pictures!  You certainly captured some good moments and the quality is great - especially given that the weather didn't provide very good lighting conditions at times.

If we have a couple of good ones, should we email them to you to see if they might be suitable to add to the collection?

Admin

Yes, if you have any ISDT reunion ride photos, please email them to [email protected]

BS

Kip Kern

Bill and Karen,   Outstanding job again!  Thank you for all of your hard work, the photos are fantastic!

Mark Annan

I'll add my thanks and congratulations on a fantastic job.

Mark

generalbay

We appreciate all your hard work,great pictures.
Thanks D.Duvall

tlanders

Bill & Karen,

Thanks so much for all the pictures. They are wonderful and bring back memories of a most fantastic weekend. Thanks for being willing to do this for us.

Teddy and Rosemary

firstturn

Bill thanks for doing the close up of Paul Danik's Penton.  It was great to see the detail and some of the old tricks that Paul can still pull out of the hat.
PS-I hope everyone notices in these pictures how the center stand is attached.  Thanks Karl for making these stands for Penton owners.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Bill Smith

Ron,

This is Paul's original bike of 30 years ago.  Maybe we can persaude him to tell us how he found and reacquired his bike after selling it many years ago...

Paul told me the story about this bike and when I got to the Six Day, I just had to image many of its modifications.  With Paul's permission, which wasn't hard to get :), he allowed me to put these images on the website with the ISDT Reunion Ride photos.

Some of his old tricks were nothing more than original tricks 30 years ago.

idiotboy

OK,I've got a question about Paul Danik's bike.In the 3rd picture on the top row,there's what appears to be a damper bolted to the left side of the frame.I've looked at it for a while and can't figure it out.What's it for? Spare shock?

Paul Danik

Yes that is a spare shock.  We had mounting brackets welded to the frame and according to the FIM ISDT rules if the bike had three shocks they would all be marked during pre-event tech check in. If you bent a shock you could simply unbolt it and switch the spring ect. and you were all set and the markings were still all legal.  
I will take some time later and explain more about the bike, hopefully tonight.   Right now Chad and I are in the middle of prepping our bikes for a ride tomorrow.

As many of you have already said, my THANKS go to Bill and Karen for all of their efforts. This website just gets better and better, credit also goes to all of you fine POGGERS for really helping each other out.

Thanks again,
Paul Danik