fenders for a 6 day

Started by jerry, October 27, 2003, 01:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

mine is supposed to be a 1973  vin 30464237 with aluminum fenders. are they correct or should they be plastic? Thanks Jerry

Jerry
Jerry

Rocket

I believe yours should have plastic fenders.  I had bought a new 73 in February of 73 and it had the plastic fenders.
Rocket

firstturn

Jerry my '73 had plastic fenders and my friends had metal. I remember he changed his out because he brought the old fenders to me several years later.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Jerry, If you wind up with a pair of aluminum fender$ you don't have a u$e for, I've been looking for $ome for a long time. $incerely, Bob.

firstturn

Rob W(Bob),
  Interesting way of spelling words that contain S's in them.  Is that the same $$$$ that I had to part with for the NOS HiPoint Aluminum Tank I purchased?  Great reply(definately canidate for top ten category).

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Rob ,
 the aluminum fronts are on ebay all the time, same guy selling them and they have a lot in stock. we have one and its very close to orignal. Speed and Sport can get us the rears made out of england. we just didnt have the time to wait when we were looking the first time. but now  we have the time. we can wait. give them a call , i think its a 2 month wait for the rear fender.
JOhn D.

3putt

John,
What is the size (width and length), and going price for aluminum rear fender you are referring to from the UK.   I am needing one for a steel tank bike, and wondering if it might work in that application as well. I see ebay fronts you referred to.  Regards,   Nelson

wnm