SOCAL ON FIRE!

Started by OUCWBOY, October 28, 2003, 03:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

Hello to all!

Just want to let everyone know that the county of San Diego is in a wall of Fire Storms. Currently there are 4 fires that are out of control in the county. As of 11am this morning, they had burned over 300,000 acres and distroyed 300+ homes. It's like a war zone with all the ash and smoke. The biggest fire was started by a hunter who got lost and started a fire so his partner could find him. He is now in the custody of the police. Dry underbrush, dry air hot, dry Santa Anna winds just made it 10 times worse. Just came in from the top of the hill near my house and we are surrounded by fire about a mile or so away. We are all preying for a little moisture, but we all know we are on the edge of the desert and there is little hope for rain until Jan or Feb. Sunday and most of today there was too much smoke for the big flying tankers to get near the fires.
I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Kip Kern

Good luck Donny,  We will keep you and your family in our prayers!

Dave Withrow

We'll be praying for you and yours.  Take care and stay safe.

tmc3c

Donny, I was just thinking about you this morning.Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.We will be praying for you and your family!!! Keep us up to date!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

It was great talking with you last night and keep us posted.  As you know you are in our thoughts and prayers.  I still have that Visa for you to get back into Texas and show how those guys from Oklahoma know how to go fast.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

Ditto on the hopes and prayers Donny.
Packing up and running from hurricanes, floods, fires or anything else Mother Nature throws at us is tough. Wish all the best to you and yours.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Mike Lenz

Ditto again. Hang in there Donny.

Doug Wilford

Donny;   A mile is pretty darn close unless you are up wind.  Where is a submarine when you need one.  Good luck our prayers are with you and all of South Cal. residents.  I know that you will know when to abandon ship if you have to, but remember you aren't the Capt. in this situation.  :(

Paul Danik

Donny,
  I hope that your situation starts to improve. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Paul

Lloyd Boland

Donny, I know how you feel.  I'm in SoCal also.  I live in Moorpark and my office is in Simi Valey.  The past 4 days we have been watch the fires come up to our back doors, smoke so thick you can hardly see across the street.  Luckily, no damage to our property or our neighbors but others not as lucky.  Our prayers are also with you.  Be smart and be safe.

Lloyd Boland
80T, 1976 MC5

crash carden

Hello Donny,just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. I am praying for the safety and protection of all who are in danger of these fire's. I am also asking GOD for rain in your area. May GOD be with you all,and bless you all with heavy rains! Donny on a happier note thanks for all the good deals and fast shipping on the Penton parts etc..Your a great guy to deal with, thanks again, Crash Carden.

tmc3c

Donny, Are you OK ?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OUCWBOY

Thanks to all that kept us in your paryers. We (family) are all OK and are out of harms way. The wind has shifted to the east and it looks bad for the CLeveland National Forrest. Over 400,000 acres now and close to 1500 homes.
WE NEED RAIN!
Thanks again for the support and god bless!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR