Penton Steel Tank Color Update

Started by JERRY CASCIERO, October 23, 2003, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JERRY CASCIERO

A few weeks ago I posted my color findings for the Green on the fibreglass tankers and now have found a good match for the Green on the Steel Tankers.
   My paint shop uses PPG DBC Base Coat Clear Coat System. The following is the mix # and formula I used with a good color match..

PPG mix # 2939 with (1) tint change

DMD1690 TO DMD1686
                       DMD641
                       DMD1693
                       DMD1683
                       DMD642
                       DBX1689
   Your PPG paint rep sould then be able to mix whatever quanity you need.
    The white for the inset is PPG code 2058
    Hope this is helpful: I used this on my tanks and I am happy with the color match

Jerry

rob w

That is very helpful, thank you Jerry. Now I need to find a painter I can trust. What about it Jerry, are you up to taking on a side job, say like my tank? If you even consider it, thanks.
Bob

firstturn

Rob I'm working with a Guy in Texas that is really good, but I haven't approached him on the Penton Tanks(metal).  If you are interested contact me a [email protected].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mark Annan

Ask your painter if he wants to do a batch of them.  I have a tank I would like to get painted as well.  Maybe if we send him a batch to do we can get a price break.  How much has it cost you to have a single tank done?

Mark

firstturn

Mark,
  I haven't had him paint one of my tanks, but I've seen his work and it is good.  I'll let this subject stay on the table for a few days and I will approach him with how many tanks and his price.  Bob you might find out what the gentleman charges at "Bad Brush Design" before I get this person excited.  I will be keeping a account of how many tanks we might want painted and follow up on this in two weeks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh