72 Berkshire CMF paint code/color

Started by swamp fox, October 25, 2003, 09:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp fox

I'm in the process of blasting and painting my frame and was wondering if anyone had the color code or a match for the  silver for the 72 CMF bikes. I'm sort of leaning toward the paint gun method like Kip is on his Wassell.
  My tank doesn't really need to be redone right now, but if a color code for the red is available, that would be good to.
  Thanks for any help.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

SCOTT CURTIS

Robert, I found a Very, Very good match for my 1974 Berkshire in a rattle can made by Dupli-Color, GM 249 Medium Orange.  I painted the side cover and the air box.  They match the tank perfectly.  Hope this helps.  Scott

Doug Wilford

I hope that med. orange was very Red in color.     Robert PJ-1 KTM Silver Gray in a spray bomb is a perfect match for the frame paint. The Tank is a red gelcoat and will buff out to a deep red with some elbow grease, of course if has been damaged and repaired painting will have to be done.

swamp fox

Thanks Scott & Doug,
  I can try the Dupli-Color on a spare air box cover to check for compatibility.
  Doug, I thought you'd be the one to ask about the frame, since you looked quite dapper on the concourse with your ribbon.[8D] My timetable has been interupted with the family vacation this summer and the posible hurricane evac that we were looking at in Sept.:( I have "Sachsy" in her cooler, waiting to go into the frame.[:p] I've waited this long to do this, so I guess I can tough it out until completion. Thanks for all your help, and everyone else's. [^]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

SCOTT CURTIS

Robert,  Did you ever try the GM paint for a match.  If the gelcoat was the same in 1972 as it was in 1974 it should match well.  I was just curious.  Scott

swamp fox

Scott,
No, I haven't tried it yet. Probably won't do that until finished painting the frame. I'll keep it in my memory banks, and let you know when I do.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S