New Wassell UK model - will Penton Parts Fit

Started by britcult, March 19, 2001, 08:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britcult

Hi Guys, just picked up a 72 Wassell 125cc trials with Sachs Engine, I am in the Uk, does anyone know any of any parts suppliers, want to restore , need mudguards, exhaust etc ,will Penton parts fit? - cheers Pete

Dennis Jones

Congratulations on your find Pete. Penton/Sachs engine parts will work, but anything to do with the chassis is next to impossible to find.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

britcult

Thanks for your reply Dennis, great news about the engine parts, I guess I have to look at it as a challenge for the  chassis parts, it seems to be pretty standard apart from - pipe and mudguards, with the foot and mouth disease over here in the Uk , all MC racing is off, rumour has it earliest July until we get back to normal , so I guess I will have plenty of time to restore it! I have tried to phone Ted Wassell, but was told number not known, I don"t suppose any one has recent contact number- cheers Pete

Kip Kern

Pete

Try Matt at Speed + Sport, California, for your Wassell body needs.  He helped me a bunch and may have access to more NOS parts!  Good luck  Kip Kern....  Also, try Al Buehner for your Sachs engine needs, he has the largest inventory in the US! 216-651-6559

Kip Kern

Pete  Matt can be e-mailed @ [email protected] or phoned @ 562-490-0012, FAX 562-490-0912  Good Luck!

Paul Danik

Hi Pete,
   I was wondering if you would post the serial number from your machine for us. We are trying to figure how many Wassels were shipped to our side of the puddle and all information will help. Are the Wassels common over there? Have you seen any Saricen trials machines running about?  They are rather scarce over here. Thanks, and good luck with the disease situation, Paul

britcult

Quotequote:
Pete  Matt can be e-mailed @ [email protected] or phoned @ 562-490-0012, FAX 562-490-0912  Good Luck!

britcult

Thanks Kip , I will certainly contact the numbers you mention, if you  need any info on this side of the pond will do my best to help - cheers Pete

britcult

Hi Paul, I have only just got into the Wassell make, having just got the bike last week, but have been phoning around for parts and all I get is No Chance, but will be autojumbling soon so maybe will dig up some stuff, I have also looked in the back issues of the dirt mags and cannot see even one for sale ! No luck with the Sarceren bikes, is there any Wassell owners in the Uk have parts etc  - my ENGINE NUMBER is - 7176876 and FRAME NUMBER W895 ST  - all the best Pete

buckfontain

Pete there are about 100 Wassell Trials bikes in the UK along with 100 Wassell MX bikes. The rest of the 900 trials and 900 MX bikes are here in the USA. You bike is rare in its homeland