Monster Mountain....WOW!

Started by Dave Withrow, November 17, 2003, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

This past weekend marked the end of the 2003 AHRMA MX and Cross-Country seasons and it seemed that the best was saved for last.  The weather was perfect, the MX track was wide and fast, and the CC track was challanging.  To date, I haven't been to a nicer facility!  What a way to end the season!   It was great to see familiar faces and meet new ones.  Dwight Rudder and Richard Beck....nice meeting both of you.  Hope to see you both again next year.
The Penton crew held there own against the 350 or so other riders for the 3 events.  Here is a list of the results that I have.  I have to apologize because a couple of Pentonites got away before I could get their names.
Saturday's Post-Vintage MX
Curt Kennelly-1st in Historic 250 Int.
Teddy Landers-2nd in 50+ Int.
Don Rainey-6th in 50+ Exp.
Chris Richardson-2nd in Open age Exp. 2nd in Historic 500 Exp.
Dave Withrow-1st in GP 500 Nov.

Cross-Country-Never got to see the results, but the following riders participated
Dwight Rudder
Teddy Landers
Duane Smith
Dave Withrow

Sunday's Vintage MX
Richard Beck-1st in Classic 125 Int.
Teddy Landers-2nd in 60+ Int.
Curt Kennelly-4th in 60+ Int.
NOTE: Curt rode both MX days a bit sore after taking a spill while riding at Barry Higgins place on Thursday.  Way to go Curt!  You're one tough son of a gun.

Well, that's about it.  Everyone take care...Happy Holidays....and see you next year.  Oh yeah.....GO PENTON!!!!!

Richard

Dave, it was nice to meet you also. I haven't raced many nationals so I can't comment on the other tracks, but the Monster Mountain crew put on the best race I've been to yet. The track was demanding but ride able on a vintage bike. And, the ambulance did not move all day (Mid-Ohio should take notice). If anyone is planing a national race day next year they might consider a trip to Alabama for some good southern racing.

tlanders

Thanks Dave for your report. You are so right about saving the best for last. Monster Mountain is the best track of the year. I wish it wasn't 10 hours away.

My Mint 400 engine is dead, I have a crank case leak somewhere, haven't had a chance to pull the engine yet. Anybody have good cases for a 400 they don't need?

Teddy

Dennis Jones

It looks like Jamie and I picked the wrong race to skip. Good luck with your engine Teddy. See you guys next season, hopefully more.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones