71 or 72 125 penton fork fluid amount?

Started by mike carr, March 20, 2001, 11:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike carr

Does anybody out there happen to know how many cc of oil per leg,or a way i can find out how much. i dont know what shock they are or what mm they are. i whould thank you for any information, thank you much,mike, oly wash.

Kip Kern

Mike

A 71 used 35mm Ceriani's with 200cc of oil (your choice of weight)  and a 72 used 32mm Ceriani's with 180cc oil.  Get a Penton shop manual from Al Buehner or Larry Perkins,  It makes life easy without the guessing.  Either fellow will have a copy for sale!  Good Luck

Chris Brown

Gee Kip, my manual says 135cc, and for the 73 Jackpiner as well.

My understanding is if you put too much in they won't compress all the way and can blow the seals.

You may be thinking of the longer travel forks on the later bikes? They take the larger amount.

Chris

Kip Kern

Mike,  Chris is correct, on the 32mm Ceriani's, the Penton shop manual indicates to use 135cc of oil each leg.  I got the 180cc from my Clymer manual!  Sorry

mike carr

thanks for the information , now maybe you could set me straight on how to check the motoplat electronics. i have the coil and of course the system behind the flywheel, but no spark.i am wondering if i am missing the buz-box. a couple of older jap. bikes i have have a what we used to call buz boxes. any advise? thanks.

Mark Annan

Mike,  I put together some info on checking Motoplat ignitions.  It is listed further down in this section.  It test procedures outlined are from some Sachs manuals.  I also recommend sending your Motoplat to Dane Leimbach at Penton/PVL http://www.pentonimports.com/  for more through testing.  Good luck, Mark Annan

mike carr

Hey! thank you much, know all i have to do is find a tester. thanks again.