Featured bike

Started by 400gs6, April 07, 2001, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

400gs6

With all the beautiful Pentons out there how come the featured bike never changes???

KURT FLACHBART

Tony Price

I think it probably has as much to do with lack of submissions for considration as much as anything.

I think Chris B needs to submit his latest project.  At least before it get's dirty...:)

Tony P
Tony

Paul Danik

Doug Wilford and I normally deal with the webmaster for any POG site changes. Doug is out of town for about a month, but if you e-mail me a photo that you want to be considered I will try and make it happen. Please include vital info about the machine and it's owner. My e-mail is [email protected]     Paul Danik

gooey

I, for one, would like to see that Hiro powered machine as a featured bike,, sounds like an unrestored original that the owner has been proud of since day 1 ,, condition less important than its uniqueness and place in Penton history ...  how bout we talk him into submitting some pix ???

i think that bike would be right at home on the page ... and,, yes Chris Brown's stuff is all awesome !

Paul Danik

Gooey,
I couldn't agree more.  We are supposed to see that machine at the June POG meeting and
Doug W. will be back by then.  He has a digital camera and can get some pictures.  Mr. Penton stated at the last meeting that a number of those machines were built as a way to get the Austrians to get their butt moving on a KTM 125 engine.  Apparently they don't take kindly to Itialian anything and Mr. Penton pushed their button quite well!!!
Paul

Dante

I'm still very curious about that engine..."Hiro" just doesn't have a "mediterranean ring" to it.

Edited by - dante on 04/08/2001  8:48:18 PM

Chris Brown

Thanks Tony.

My Six Days progress photo series is on Vinduro.
When I get the seat done it will be a completely original, although restored, Penton 125MX. Perhaps it could go in the archives...

I had never heard of the Hiro engines in the Pentons from yesteryear. Let's see it!
Did KTM ever make a 125 for the Penton line-up?

Chris

400gs6

Yes Chris, I have a 1977 Penton 125MC5 with a KTM 125 engine. I was told that 1977 was the first year for the KTM 125. Is there anyone out here who worked inside and really knows?

KURT FLACHBART

ddracing

To 400gs6, I had a 1975 Penton 125 with the KTM motor, they were a nice little bike but just didn't have a lot of power like the jap bikes. I think 1975 was the first year for the 125 KTM motor, but, when it comes to Pentons, anythink can show up. The 125 came after the 175, 250, and 400cc and used the same gears, clutch, etc. Later Dave