Tires & Size

Started by bac-toys, January 13, 2004, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bac-toys

I just purchased a '71 175 Jackpiner.  What tire size (3.50x21-F, and 4.00x18-R are on it now) and brand/compound might you suggest for Florida riding...lots of sand.

I also need the motoplat ignition (red-sorta plastic) - mine's broken (split in several places).  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Dwight Rudder

First of all you don't have a 1971 Jackpiner. There is no such thing.
The real Jackpiner ( KTM engine ) didn't come out till 1972. I would put on a good set of Pirelli MT16 tires. Vintage friendly in appearance and size. Work absolutely great !  I use MT16 on my Nat'l Enduro Class winning "PENTON" 525 EXC.  ON the Piner use the 300X21 ( 80/100X21 ) and the 400X18 ( 110/100X18 ) You can't go wrong.
Cher'o,
Dwight
[8D]

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Rocket

Dwight
Lighten up a little on the new guy.  He was just asking a question.  I thought I read or heard from someone that they were experimenting with a blue steeltank Sachs powered 175.  Any truth to that??  
Also I don't agree with your tire choice, in the Midwest, a Pirelli MT44 front and a Michelin S12 outback, that's the combo that works here unless it's Dec-Feb, then it's Trlleborg winter friction tires!!:D
Rocket