Scramble tracks

Started by tmc3c, January 25, 2004, 11:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Does anybody think that the old scramble of old will ever come back? Man I can remember a great track in Charleston S.C. named Chislom Trails, real soft dark brown dirt and it had a large dried up canal for a jump and it was all under large oak shade tree's. They had shirts that said : race in the shade. all I need is a can of silver blenzoil and I am there again.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

swamp fox

Thomas,
How's the upstate? Getting a little freezing rain and snow? Ah yes, the old Chisolm Trail! I didn't get there until it was on its way out, but did see it once or twice. My hayday was in Mt. Pleasant where the Yorktown is now and out in the Francis Marion Forest.
  I took my daughter out to see the Swamp Fox junior enduro last weekend and it brought back memories of riding in the shades of the pine forest. I had her take a deep breathe when the bikes went by. OOOH THAT SMELL, CAN'T YOU SMELL THAT SMELL!!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

Yes Bobby we are getting Ice everywhere, I dont know if I will be able to make in tonight!!Snow is one thing but ice is a whole different matter! This is something we never had much at home. The land fill by the Yorktown I was never able to ride but the forest is a whole different matter, remember the forest before Hugo how tall the pines where and the trails were so good then and oh yes I can smell that smell!! Are you going to Mid Ohio this year? Driving or flying? with or without that 100/125?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler