VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

Rocket

Randy Kirkbride

Man....
I bet Karl S. would give anything to get his hands on that tank!!![:0]

Mike Lenz

That looks like a tank I saw on the prototype 175 from 70 or 71 I remember seeing somewhere. Definately SWEET!

crash carden

WOW! That is Sweet! Is that a 250 or a 400? What year? I was wondering if KTM built a bike like this but in the gold yellow color of the 1973 Penton 250 harescrambler . I saw a picture on the photo page of this website of a KTM like this one shown here but in the gold color trim. Is that the KTM version of the Penton model? Are the KTM and Penton models of the past basiclly the same bikes with different name plates? I am interested to know more about the early KTMs, all my experince is with the Penton side of KTM. Thanks for the pics, and thanks for any info. Crash Carden, Go Team Penton!

Rain Man

wow, are those louvers on the air box cover? Never seen those before,
 beutifully done, its a true inspiration[:p] for us to build on.
Raymond.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

OhioTed

Never saw a kickstarter lever like that on a Penton before.

metalkfab

That is one sweet looking bike! The louvered air box cover were available on European KTM's.The tank is not a Hi-Point model,but the decals can be made up by any good sign shop.I did my tank up similar like that for the ISDTRR'03 in red (kinda looks like a old Triumph or BSA tank)which can be seen in the photo section of this web site.