125 internal roter ign

Started by Mike Lenz, January 12, 2004, 10:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

I am looking for an internal roter ign for a 100/125 for my 100 project. Can anyone help? Buy or trade.
Thanks

Doug Wilford

Mike; The PVL is an internal rotor, it has advantages over the old motoplat.   I see some on E-bay for $310.00 not a bad deal.

Mike Lenz

Thanks Doug. This is a 175 project for my son and I was hopeing to find a Motoplat internal for about half that, if can. Do you know how much the PVL,s run new? Also how are they they better?
Thanks alot
Mike

rob w

I know a Husky guy (meaning cycle brand, not his size), not to long ago he mentioned he had some internal rotor Motoplat's that he'd never use. Will one that's made for a Husky work? I'll try to reach him and find out what he's got there. I'd guess they were for Husky CR125's. Not sure.

Doug Wilford

Mike;   The PVL has a much lower spark threshold.    Motoplat is about 800-850 RPM to produce spark.   PVL is and I am not positive of the figure more like 550-600 RPM   I do know it has a much lower threshold, the PVL is also stronger through the range.   I will have to get Dane to give you the advantages.   I don't sell them.  The Sachs engine has a kick RPM of 12- 1400 RPM but most other engines are only around 800 - 1000.

Mike Lenz

Im sorry I see I confused everyone. The project is a 100...but with a 175 lower end mated to a Sachs cyl, so I need a KTM ign.
Thanks

Dennis Jones

I have an internal rotor motoplat that I don't know what it fits. It came with a 125 I got but does not fit a Sachs. A friend tried it on a Montesa and Husky but did not fit. I tried it on a 250 Penton, the backing plate fit but not the rotor. Would a 175 crank end be different?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mike Lenz

Thanks for your help but the 175 has the same crank end as the 250.
Mike

DKWRACER

Mike, I think I found an internal rotor motoplat, fits 250cc motor taper, maybe fits 175 taper too?...Tom.........
Thomas Brosius