KICK STAND WANTED

Started by Rain Man, February 11, 2004, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

I'm in the hunt for a 1972 125 six day Kickstand. Its the type that mounts under the swing arm, not on the side.  Thanks  [email protected]
  Happy Trails !!  Mine are snowed and iced in
  Raymond.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocket

Ray
Al Buehner has repop's of the kickstands.  Parts info on this site.
Rocket

Rain Man

Thanks Rocket, coincidentally enough, I just got one of Als brochures today, and low and behold, theres 1/2 the bike in that work of art!!
Raymond.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

firstturn

Raymond,
  You might seriously consider the centerstand model.  I have it even on my race bike(MX) and it is great.  If you go for one and have problems installing by yourself, e-mail me and I will walk you through it (you won't be the first).
Regards,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Hi Ron,
I saw one of those in that brochure too,  Makes it easy to work on the wheels, Just wondering how much banging around the center stand does on the rough stuff ?? Is there much welding involved to install it??
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

john durrill

Ray, no welding involved in the install of the center stand.
 Karl brough one for my bike to the 2002 Reunion Ride. We had it installed on the bike in 5 mins. It will bang up and down some  in very rough trails ( lots of whoops and stuff) if you dont secure it with a rubber band  or two made up from old inner tube. The stand gives no problems when jumping logs or climbing rock ledges ( last years Reunion Ride proved that ) chuckle chuckle. it make serviceing the bike a breeze even on the trail.
 We only wish we could get one for the KTM engine frames. My son would have the first one made if we could.
John & Peter

metalkfab

John, I have in my possession a centerstand from a KTM motored GS6 bike that I haven't got to checking for fit to earlier KTM motored frames.Once I do that we will be able to repop these.I'll keep you advised.As for the '75 MX Framed 125's,the swingarm is the same as other years with different shock mounts (mine are located almost right above the axle).When I finally figure out how to use a digital camera I'll send you pics and measurements of the whole set-up. I'm running 13.5" Progressive shocks that in the most laid down position give me about 6.5" of rear wheel travel.I ran this set up at the ISDTRR last year and had only 2 problems with it- I set the spring preload too stiff (harsh ride) and couldn't get my chain adjusted right (either too much or too little slack).But in the really rough stuff she tracked and handled like a dream.

Steve Minor

Karl.....I could really use a center stand for my 77 400 GS6. You know how badly the original side stands work. I have to carry around a piece 6x6 timber to put under the foot of the side stand. Otherwise the bike will tip over. Are you up for reproducing a few?

Thanks
Steve
Steve Minor