Kicker rebuild

Started by Steve Minor, February 12, 2004, 09:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Anybody out there have a source for the springs, balls and pins to rebuild kick starters. I have 2 that need to be repaired. Or anybody out there willing to rebuild them for me, for a fee of course?

PS......they are for my 77 400-GS6 rider and a 78 400-MC5 project.
Steve Minor

DKWRACER

Steve, I have a couple of the cylinder shaped pin that goes on top of the spring...roll pins might be had from an auto supply store, springs too......Tom.......
Thomas Brosius

Steve Minor

Thanks I'll check on that. I guess I should take my good one apart so I can match the spring, ball and pin. I just really didn't want to. I tend to lose small parts.....Then I'd wind up with 3 that don't work instead of 2.

Am I alone or does anyone else have that problem?
Steve Minor

DKWRACER

Its pretty simple, put the works in a vice and drive out the roll pin, there are only 3 parts and maybe a thrust washer (waved) to remove slack. You should see the cylinder shaped ball in a socket inside....can put the parts in a 35mm film canister etc....
Thomas Brosius

john durrill

Steve,
 Al had the spring and plunger for the kick starters last fall. We got one hopeing it would work on the Sachs kicker. It did. The parts were the same. Peters 175 KTM kick starter and the Sachs use the same springs and plungers .
How did we miss each other at the RR last fall? I found your # in the entry list and then found you with your bike in the POG Photo section last week.
 Now i can put a face with the name. chuckle chuckle
 Hope we do get to meet at the next one.
John D.

Steve Minor

John.....Thanks, I'll give Al B a call tomorrow.

I'm not sure how we missed each other at the 03 Adams but I regret it. I was on minute #34.....how about you?

We're coming to the 04 ISDTRR in Tulsa and staying at the Best Western, Sand Springs. We have got to make a point to see each other.

Hope you're "healed up and haired over" from your injuries.
Steve
Steve Minor