125 points ignition

Started by KCINC1, April 13, 2001, 11:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCINC1

Can anyone help - tell me if the ignition on e-bay item no:579449199 will fit on my 1973 penton 125 with points: you can see mine at : http://www.geocities.com/kcinc1/PENTONIGNITION.html?984374820730 The no. on my motor is 1251/6 A  Thanks for any help.

Gavin Housh

The ignition you are looking at looks right to me. The plate that fits under the stator is not shwon in the picture. Make shure if you buy this that the plate comes with it. Also you will need a coil. Looking at the picture on Ebay you can't tell the condition of the inside of the flywheel, it may be rusted out. My advice to you is to steer clear of these old ignitions even if it does run you may only get one ride out of it before it quits. That happened to me. I spent $90.00 on a Motoplat. It lasted one race and then died. Then I spent $300.00 on a new PVL unit. The PVL even has four different weight flywheel weights that you can add on if you want to duplicate the heavy weight of the Motoplat flywheel. These new ignitions are great and they probably come whith a warranty of some kind.