Friday the 13th been berrry berrry goood to me!

Started by swamp fox, February 14, 2004, 10:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp fox

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've had some good luck on Friday the 13th.
At 15 and on my first licensed motorcycle, I was broadsided by a car and ended up in the front lawn of a church with only raspberries and bruises.
Then 20 yrs ago, I proposed to my wife, who has put up with me since then.
And just yesterday, I picked up a 72 Six Day from an old friend who I hadn't seen in 25 yrs. He was the only other person from back then that I even knew had a Penton, and he let me take it home so my little Berkshire wouldn't be lonely anymore! Man, it doesn't get any better than this!!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by swamp fox

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've had some good luck on Friday the 13th.
At 15 and on my first licensed motorcycle, I was broadsided by a car and ended up in the front lawn of a church with only raspberries and bruises.
Then 20 yrs ago, I proposed to my wife, who has put up with me since then.
And just yesterday, I picked up a 72 Six Day from an old friend who I hadn't seen in 25 yrs. He was the only other person from back then that I even knew had a Penton, and he let me take it home so my little Berkshire wouldn't be lonely anymore! Man, it doesn't get any better than this!!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day

Congratulation.I bet you cant wait for the next Friday the 13. ?????:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

tmc3c

I used to ride with the guy who used to own this Penton, and I flat tracked that baby in the open class one night on a 3/8 mile banked track named Charleston Speedway which I didn't finish last! But you pay the price when you get behind that open class roost in a T-shirt. This is the same speedway I was almost killed when I was riding a 76 125 and high sided and busted my spleen and broke my right femur, 7 weeks in the hospital and 2 months in a body cast. I , I , I, me, me, me I will shut up now, it's just Bobby is opening up some old doors!Glad to see that another Penton is SAVED!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

swamp fox

Thanks Speedy. All I need now is my numbers for the lottery to hit on Friday the 13th!!

TC, Man I just got off the crane at Columbus St. I carried my laptop in, 'cause I won't get off work till midnite probably. With all the extras Ralph had in the shed, it was a real score. I almost feel a little guilty, but he wanted it to go to someone who would do it right. His mom was ready to do a 2 for 1 sale with the Honda so she could get it gone.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

dirtbike

That must be your lucky day!

I was just wondering, how does you wife feel about this Friday the 13'th?

[}:)][B)]

JOKE!!!

swamp fox

Actually Dirt Bike,
She thinks it's OK. She had a little yam-a-hama way back when, and now she's looking at having fun again. She reminds me often that I bought a depth finder for the boat on one of her birthdays! I think it's going to be all right.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

LynnCamp

I could have used one of those depth finders while riding enduros down there in those southern swamps [B)].... now I know why you guys did so well through the water ..... and now I know why you are called the Swamp Fox!

dirtbike

I did something like that once too!
I bought her a CD-ROM player for the computer on her birthday :-)
I still hear about it now and then even though it must be
some 10 years ago now.
It seemed like a good idea at the time though[:I]

tmc3c

Hey Bobby, Now you can ride the 125 and she can ride the 100cc, this tactic could help when ordering parts from Al!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler