real, live heroes

Started by OhioTed, February 17, 2004, 03:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

At the invite of Doug Wilford, I attended Penton Day, and signed up as a new member same day.  It was to my great delight, that one of my all-time, real-life heroes was there in the flesh.  This is no celluloid, pretend action hero either.  Nosiree, I'm talking about John Penton himself.  Not only did I get to sit in the same room as the man and listen to Mr. Penton relate all kinds of great stories, but he took time to talk with me, sign an autograph, and answer questions I asked of him.  It was a great pleasure also to meet with, and hear from, other members of the original Penton "team".  These guys were (and still are as I am told) blazingly fast.  To be a part of this group is a rare and distinct opportunity.  I keep expecting them to figure out I am a nobody and show me the door.  Thank you, POG, for making this all possible.  TED

tomale

Ted, I could not agree more. I have met people that were suppose to be big shots but with out exception there nose was so far in the air I wondered how they could walk anywhere. Not true of this group. Like yourself I am a nobody surrounded by guys that are after all these years are still faster than greased lighting. To my amazement they still have time to talk to me. I am just a guy that loves to race and ride my dirtbike. Its about good clean fun :-)  I have yet to meet the elders of Pentonland but one day I will and I am sure that what I have experience on line will be true in person. I am glad you are here.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W