Found ad for '71 Penton for sale in WA.

Started by rob w, February 08, 2004, 12:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

It says, '71 Penton $800 obo, original, runs good.  Winlock, Washington. 360-785-0916 ,very recently listed.

kent

I ended up buying this bike. Paid $800 and it is about a 5 of 10. It has all the basic founding parts and needs Lights and assemblies, skid plate, kickstand, chain guide, and much re-chroming and polishing. Thanks for the tip! Kent.

Kent M. Reynolds
Kent M. Reynolds

rob w

Kent, I think that's the best thing that could have happened, congrats! and welcome. Is it a steel tank model?, that's what most '71's are considered to be. Or is it the later CMF model, w/green fiberglass tank and airbox, and cross-thru exhaust pipe? If it is the later model ('72 like) you should have no problem finding parts that'll work, depends on what degree of originallity you hope to arrive at.
Updates are required,
Good luck,
Bob

kent

Rob: It is a steel tanker and any info you may have regarding this model is greatly appreciated! I am not sure of how difficult it will be to find lights and the stuff I listed. Any updates or things I will have trouble with is great to hear at this point, just so I dont waist a bunch of time looking etc. I am working with the tank first to take out 4 small dents. The tank has the original sticker in good condition on the left side only. Do you know if their were no stickers or emblem on the right side of the tank in 71? I (of course) will try to have John sign the tank when I get it painted. Thanks Kent.

Kent M. Reynolds
Kent M. Reynolds

firstturn

Kent,
  There were stickers on both sides.  I believe that Al Buehner has the stickers in stock(see suppliers).  Also to get an idea of the bike as a finished product look at the photo gallery on this site.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh