For Sale: 1974 Penton 250, Indiana

Started by mint400rider, April 09, 2004, 10:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mint400rider

I bought this with the intent to restore it, but i can't afford to do it right now.  It is a 1974 Penton 250, with the spark arrestor exhaust, so i guess it was an enduro model.  It has marzocchi piggyback shocks that are in aboce average condition, they have purple springs.  The guy said it has marzocchi front forks, but i can't confirm that, there are no markings on them.  If someone can tell me how to tell, i wil llet you all know.  It has a Lectron Carburator with a clear float bowl.  I will also include the stock Bing carb.  It was raced enduro in Indiana, and still has the tags on it from some of the races, such as the 1975 Haspin 100 (i got ahold of the original owner and racer and it turns out he placed 2nd on it).  It has quick change axles, newer rims, a NOS headlight shroud and light, a NOS aluminum side cover.  The tank and side covers are in good shape.  The seat has a few ri[s and tears and the bottom is covered in tape.  It has the stock fenders, they are in great shape except they are discolored.  The forks are in great shape.    

Here is everything it needs: a shift lever (Al buehner has them for $20), a clutch perch, a clutch cable, and a chain.  I fixed the kickstarter lever problem.  It could use new pegs, they are a real eyesore (rusted).  It also needs a spark arrestor (to be enduro legal).

I would like to see $800 out of it, which is the same as what i paid for it.  You can e-mail me at [email protected] for pictures.  It is located in Frankfort, Indiana.  It is about an hour Northwest of Indianapolis.

Thanks

1976 Penton Mint 400

1979 John Deere Trailfire 440

Honda Odyssey with cbr 600 engine (150 mph)
1976 Penton Mint 400

mint400rider

Hello, a couple guys have asked me to part out the Lectron and Marzocchi shocks, but i will not part this out.  I want to see it go to someone who will ride it.

If some of you may remember, I sold a 1976 Mint 400 to Herm a while back.  It turns out that, that 400 was originally raced by Chris seals in the '76 International Six Days Trials.  I think this 250 was owned by him too, because i got this from the same guy i got the 400 from, and he got them from the same guy.  This bike has a lot of history with it, and i will NOT part it out.

I would like to see it go to someone who can appreciate these old bikes.

Thank you

1976 Penton Mint 400

1976 Penton Mint 400