250 MC 5 QUESTIONS

Started by Rain Man, April 27, 2004, 04:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

I'm almost ready to start my 1976 Penton 250 MC5 and don't have an operators manual.Whats the fuel oil ratio? I use synthetic oil and whats the Spark Plug #? I usually use NGK's
Thanks  Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

G Ellis

Rain Man I would try NGK B8HS this is standard I use a NGK B9HS when I am racing this is a little colder plug. As to ratio 50 to 1 Spectrol oil this is the same company that made High Point oil in the day. I use Castrol 927 oil at 60 to 1 runs great and smells good to. Are you going to MID OHIO this year if so hope to meet you. Hope this will help.

Rain Man

thanks Gary, just gotta have those 2 items correct, melt downs are imminent:(without that information. I'll see you in Ohio,
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lloyd Boland

I use a B8HS.  Seems to run fine with good color on plug.  Fuel ratio in manual is either 20:1 or 24:1, I'll check tonight. I run 24:1 without any fouling problems, probably a little more smoke.  I want to make sure the motor gets enough oil.  Any comment on why the manual says 20:1(or 24:1) and so many guys are running 40:1 or 50:1.  These are not water cooled motors.

Rain Man

Lloyd, I'm not positive but synthetic oil wasen't readily available back when the Pentons first came out.
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons