Wild Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away...

Started by DKWRACER, April 15, 2004, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Once again the racing season begins. On this eve, of my somethingd year, I begin again. Much more secure with knowledge that comes from many friendships that endure....The chain has been lubed, the chassis is good, the filter is clean, the bike is ready, and...I hope the rider is ready also. Now at 51 going on 35 I am poised to represent something from the past......It burns, especially when it's on a Penton....I think you know what I am referring to.....

Thanks, Tom.....
Thomas Brosius

rob w

Good luck, have fun, enjoy yourself, and stay healthy. See the little red Penton logo guy (mosieev maybe) in the upper left corner...classic, is'nt it...remember to look like that when you ride, that's the style we're going for.

OhioTed

Ditto to Rob's suggestion, Tom.  Get out there and enjoy yourself, because what else is there?  I've lost too many friends to cancer recently to let anything get in my way.  Wish I could be like Ted D., and still be jammin' at 75, but who knows?  Go for it!  Hey guys, this may sound like a really dumb question, but is what Rob eluded to correct?  Is that Gunnady (sp) in the Penton logo?  I've always wondered.  TED

imported_n/a

Tom,

Go out there and get 'em!  Physical and mental wellness is influenced greatly by a sense of purpose and accomplishment.  51 going on 35 is a great way to look at it.  Vintage bikes and racing is something to grow older comfortably with because it is for fun, to run at whatever pace and in whatever type of riding you do.  One thing is for sure, I'm 47 now and am looking forward to at least 25 more years with my Pentons!

Glenn

rob w

Ted, Yes that's Guennady Moisseev, that picture is from the front cover of the Jan. 1973 (No. 2 issue) of Keeping Track. The 250 that he's on there, was still in the proto-type stages. The article says "Joel Robert move aside, the russians are coming, and they're on Pentons.

metalkfab

I replaced the seat foam with something softer.When that didn't work,I went to the Doctor.

DKWRACER

Report from Aztec Raceway just east of Colorado Springs:
First Place David Lindeman +40 EXP. 1 and 1
First Place David Lindeman SPTS 500 1 and 1
Penton 400!!!

3rd Place Bob Garner Historic 2 and 3
Penton 400!!!

4th Place Hubert Bentzen +50 EXP
Penton 250!!!
5th Place Hubert Bentzen SPTS 250
Penton 250!!!

2nd Place Bob Egan OA-PV Int.
84 KTM 250!!!
2nd Place Bob Egan Ultima
84 KTM 250!!!

Yours Truly 1st Place Historic 500 Nov.
Penton 400!!!
Yours Truly 1st Place OA-PV Nov.
Penton 400!!!

A Good showing all in all, was very impressed with David Lindeman riding skill, this after a one year layoff due to spiral fracture of tibia.....
Bob Egan's 84 250 is a very sweet machine, hear tell that it was also ridden at Diamond Don's and faired very well.....

Grip n Rip, its on to Albuquerque Nats.....
Thomas Brosius

rd400pi

Great job Tom!:D  Nice to see Penton riders kicking some backside.

Mike H.

DKWRACER

Just returned from the Nats in Albuquerque.....Some personal notes:

No accidents.....
Track layout for PV and Vintage very nice....
Entrants not as big as Steamboat but getting better, this their first year for MX......
Sandia Roadrace right next door, VERY COOL!
Camping, track facilities very good...
Race promotor and track prep very good...
Organization very good...
David Boydstun ankle, very bad......

Other notes:
Only raced on Sat. the PV.....
1st in Historic 500....
Penton t-shirt from Rob Wardlow, scored a big hit, thanks Rob!!!!
My Yellow/Green Freightliner 250 recieved some ooo's and ah's....

Pitted with Bobby Lucas and Jim Pomeroy, what class people, Jim even helped me pick up my trailer and back it in. I commented "hey it would'nt offend you if it was full of Pentons?" we looked at each other and just grinned......
Tom.........
Thomas Brosius

rob w

See those shirts bring good karma...if I get you a long sleeve to race in, you'll be able to lap the pack.  ;)
Good to hear you're riding well...way ta go! Maybe abit of good ole' number 57 rubbed off on you. :D
Thanks for the report,
Robbob

firstturn

Tom,
  Thanks for the report.  Watch out for Pomeroy he is making a habit of hanging around Texans.  Sounds like a good time was had by all.  I'm happy to see Bobby healed up after his bad spill last Summer.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh